Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Fitting Schedule Parameters

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lsop1409
656 Views, 2 Replies

Light Fitting Schedule Parameters

I am trying to create a basic light fitting family 600mm x 600mm recessed luminaire.

When the fitting is inserted into a project I need a label/parameter in the centre of the fitting to be modifiable per instance i.e. The letter A for A Type fitting, letter B for B Type Fittings etc and for this information to be recognised by a schedule.

I have created a light fitting family under the 'lighting fixtures' category and created an extruded fitting with reference planes etc.

I have then created a generic annotation for the fitting detail and created a label for the reference, problem is I cannot select a shared parameter here, only a family parameter as options are greyed out, stopping me from scheduling the parameter at a later date, and from selecting the parameter as an instance parameter to allow me to change it when in the project, as I cannot 'add the parameter' to the project parameters.

Can anyone anvise of steps to take to create a light fixture, with a modifiable reference when inserted into a project, that can be added to a  schedule.

Thankyou.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: lsop1409

The Label's association to the Shared Parameter takes place in the host family. In the Generic Annotation Family, go ahead and create that Family Parameter for the Label. Once you have loaded this Family into your Lighting Fixture Family, you can select the Generic Annotation Family, go to Type Properties (or just Properties if create Parameter was an Instance Parameter), and then link that Parameter to the appropriate Shared Parameter.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
lsop1409
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks Corey, yes this method works well.

The confusion came due to the fact I needed to create 2 seperate parameters as you suggested and 'link' them together, essentially creating a nested parameter once the family is inserted into a project.

I initially thought that one parameter would do for this, which is not the case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report