Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FabMEP Add-in for Revit 2013

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
crmb1899
2068 Views, 16 Replies

FabMEP Add-in for Revit 2013

Is somebody is working w/ FabMEP and Revit add-in please tell me how you can appear in the add-ins on Revit because i installed FabMEP and Revit and do not appear. I follow the steps by Autodesk to make appear the add-in but do not work. I dont know what else to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19399552&linkID=9243142 

I follow the steps by these page but dosent work

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
CoreyDaun
in reply to: crmb1899

I haven't dug for a solution, but I did find this from another forum:

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=69816

I think there's a link to a blog at the end of it. Hope you find something, seems you're not the only one looking.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 17
Chris.Aquino

I would make sure that the 3 files listed (ADSK_Export.addin, bXML64.dll, RVTFabExchange64-2013_Export.dll) are in the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013 folder.

If the files are not there, you can copy them from the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Fabrication 2013\FABmep\Revit folder.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 17
crmb1899

i already have the file in the folder but dosen't appear the tab in RevitMEP. i dont know what else to do. Please tell me if you have another way to do it.

Message 5 of 17
Chris.Aquino

To help me troubleshoot, please provide screen shots of the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Fabrication 2013\FABmep\Revit\

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013\

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Fabrication 2013\FABmep\Revit\

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013\

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 6 of 17
shandra23
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Here are the screenshots i will apriciate all the help that you can give me.

Image 3.jpg

Image 2.jpgImage 1.jpgImage 4.jpg

Message 7 of 17
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: shandra23

Thank you for the screenshots. I did some testing earlier today and I am having the same problem, but only on 1 of my 3 machines.

I have contacted the authors of the add-in to see if they can shed any light as to why this may be happening.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 8 of 17
Chris.Aquino

The steps below fixed the issue on my machines:

1. Close Revit.
  2. In the user specific location (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2013), open the ADSK_Export.addin file in Notepad (not Word).
  3. Hit Save.
  4. Close Notepad.
  5. Restart Revit.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 9 of 17
crmb1899
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

THANKS WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Chris.Aquino

I am glad to have helped.

Chris Aquino
@Aquinotecture

Message 11 of 17

I have the Import files, but am missing the export.  Can someone upload the 3 export .dll files abv!

Message 12 of 17

This does not make sense to me that you would have an incomplete install. How do you think that happened? If that is the case, why wouldn't you just uninstall and re-install instead of trying to manually add missing DLLs. I think it's something else going on here.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 17

I did a uninstall, then re-installed.  Same thing.  I have the Import tool in Revit, But I'm Missing the Export! It is really odd. I looked through the files, and only the export .dlls are missing, again. 

I have a project that a Designer modeled in Revit for Coordination, all 12 buildings.  We now need to do the construction documents, detailing, and spooling; in CADmep.  Its vital I export intelligent objects instead of polymeshes. I just started this job, was handed a mess, and would save me if someone can help!

As a background, there's been all kinds of issues with Autodesk software.  Its Windows 7 Ultimate platform dell laptop.  I did a re-format of the machine and fresh installed of all software, with no add-on virus projection, no firewall on, no internet connection on.  Now that everything is back on it; FABmep is that only thing I really need at the moment, and its not working.

Message 14 of 17

The export from Revit MEP 2013 to FABmep is included with Autodesk Fabrication FABmep 2013. The import to Revit MEP 2013 from Autoedsk Fabrication FABmep 2013 is the technology preview, posted to labs (separate applications). To fully round-trip (move a model from Revit MEP to FABmep and then back to Revit MEP), you will need both the technology preview from Labs, and a full copy\install of Autoedsk Fabrication 2013. The Labs plug-in does not include the export from Revit MEP to FABmep. Reading this thread, its the export from Revit MEP you are missing...is that correct? This isn't included in the install of the Labs plug-in

Message 15 of 17

Your are correct.  It is the Technology Preview I have installed.  

Why does it state you can on the Labs website!!!  I have found that TSI sells the full version, but Autodesk doesn’t.  My company is willing to buy it. But, me being a Cad/BIM Manager, is a little confused as to why the software is on 3rd party website/reseller, but not listed on Autodesks website.

Thank you!!! You fixed it, I need to buy the full version.

Message 16 of 17

Also I do have the Autodesk Fabrication CADmep 2013.  You stated Autodesk Fabrication 2013.  Is that a full suite?

Message 17 of 17

Your are correct. It is the Technology Preview I have installed.

Why does it state you can on the Labs website!!! I have found that TSI sells the full version, but Autodesk doesn't. My company is willing to buy it. But, me being a Cad/BIM Manager, is a little confused as to why the software is on 3rd party website/reseller, but not listed on Autodesks website.

Heather Newman, CAD/BIM Technician
[CALCSUSAlogo]
Tel: 858.564.1100 - Fax: 858.564.1101
Cell: 858.518.3868 hnewman@calcsusa.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report