Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Revit to CAD - Layers

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
davem
30675 Views, 21 Replies

Exporting Revit to CAD - Layers

Hello,

I need assistance with exporting revit sheets to autocad. On on of my projects, there is a telecommunications designer that does not use revit, so I have to put the tele/data outlets in my electrical revit model and export the sheet into autocad to send to them. I have the data outlets on their own workset and the power receptacles and devices on their own workset. When I export the drawing to DWG, Autocad puts both the data outlets and power receptacles on the exact same layer called A-ANNO-NOTE. What I need help on is figuring out how to make it so that when exporting to autocad, it takes each workset and exports it as its own layer in the DWG file. The telecommunications designer needs to be able to turn off my power receptacles layer to only show his data outlets.

Is this possible? I need to figure this out ASAP if anyone can help.

Thank you,

Dave

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: davem

hi

under export from revit to autocad, is there any way to  aply the layer modifiers to entities inside blocks ^. i dont find solution for that. 

thanks

Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good day,

I believe that would be achieved by adding Subcategories to your Family's Categories, to which separate modifiers can be applied.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report