Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export To DWG - Blocks All On Layer 0

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tim102289
2699 Views, 4 Replies

Export To DWG - Blocks All On Layer 0

I'm trying to export a sheet to a DWG, but all of the plumbing fixtures, furniture, and other blocked items come out on Layer 0.  I need to export a bunch of sheets and I would like them to come out on correct layers.  They come out the color of the layer they should be on, and change with the color change, but for some reason the blocks themselves are on Layer 0.

Tim Smith
IT Manager, Mechanical Engineer  |  Motz Engineering

“There is nothing more expensive than hiring cheap engineers.”
Experienced in Revit MEP/AutoCAD/Sketchup | Autodesk BPA Certificate
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tim102289

When exporting to .DWG using Revit MEP 2013, the blocks themselves come out on the right Layer, but revert to Layer 0 upon exploding. I don't immediately see a way to change this. It sounds like you're getting the opposite results? What version of Revit are you running?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
tim102289
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I'm using Revit MEP 2013.  I believe the stuff in the blocks is on the correct layers, as changing layer colors changes some of the block colors, but the blocks themselves are on Layer 0.  I think it may be ocurring because they are objects in the linked Architectural model, and not in the model itself.

Tim Smith

Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: tim102289

Yep - if they're part of the Arch link, then that's how they'll be exported. I believe that you will have to bring them over into your model (probably best using Batch Copy/Monitor) in order to get them how you want in the exported AutoCAD drawing.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
tim102289
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Ah.  I probably won't bother then.  Thanks!

Tim Smith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report