Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotating project north

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cooperw
3209 Views, 8 Replies

rotating project north

My masses and image and annotation dont rotate.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
alan.quinn
in reply to: cooperw

By rotate what do you mean? I tested in Revit 2013 and I was able to rotate a mass an image and some annotation either as single objects or all together. Click on the element or elements you want to rotate and choose the rotate command (RO) in the tool bar. It looks like an arrow that's forming a circle.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

I think the question refers to images and annotatons not rotating along with model objects with Rotate Project North, not with the Rotate command.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 9
alan.quinn
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

That could be the case, but I just checked to be sure, and they do! Duplicated Level 1 > set Orientation to True North > Manage > Position > Rotate True North > pick a point and pick a second to rotate to, everything should rotate. Unless I'm still missing something. Lets see if cooperw responds. Thanks....

Message 5 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Alan, the original question mentions "rotate project North", not "rotate True North". But I agree, the OP should provide more information on this.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 9
alan.quinn
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Right....missed that one.....thanks

Message 7 of 9
william_cooper

SoTutsi should have clear in the original post. I'm rotating project north and a image in the view doesn't rotate, which I believe is consistent with the fact that annotation doesn't rotate with project north (which is weird in itself).

The inplace masses I have in the model also don't seem to respond to rotating project north and remain in the original position?

The first word in this post is supposed to be 'sorry'... My iPad is very limited when it comes to moving the cursor in this text window. 

Cheers

Message 8 of 9
alan.quinn
in reply to: william_cooper

Try this. Open a blank file, create a mass, add an image and some annotation (one line will do). Click Manage > Position > Rotate Project North > I choose 180. So your view will not change, but the elevations in your view will now relate the new orientation (North will now be South etc.). Now click in the view and in View Properties change the Orientation from Project North to True North. Your image and MASS will flip but your annotation will not. This is by design as we cannot read upside down so the annotation will remain readable. However, if you click on the annotation and in its Properties, then uncheck the Keep Readable check box it will also flip.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 9
agatat
in reply to: alan.quinn

And how about the problem of the masses hat won't turn?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report