Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conceptual mass in revit

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
radwa.abdelhamid
7555 Views, 3 Replies

conceptual mass in revit

im a new user of revit massing , im using it to create an architectural site ,like neighboring blds n such. so when ever i try to create a mass it turns transparent as if its in wire frame mood and i cant add materials to it .
another question please 🙂 is it possible if i have a model created in sketch up or in acad 3d to create a mass of it in revit ?????? thanks in advance

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

1. the predefined material for Mass is Default Mass with transparency - see Image 00
  2.  You can change it from Material Browser or you can keep it modifing the transparency and color - for this select the Object > Model > Edit in Place > select once again the object and from Properties > Material and Finihes > Material > click and open Material Browser from where choose another option....Image 01 and Image 02

Mass Elements are semitransparent because they are made mainlyly to be a frame for Wall by Face, Curtain Wall systems, Roof by Face or Mass Floors - being so it'easier to work with them

You can import dwg or skp file into Revit but you are limited in editing them....

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Just a tip for a workflow that I use for simple cubes to model the surrounding buildings.

I have edited the library simple cube conceptual mass - and made the material a 'Type' parameter, but left all dimensions as 'instance'. I also removed the 'Eq' restrictions from the origin for the dims.

I can then place the boxes on an Autocad underlay of the site, and lock the box sides to the plan rectangular outline. I can also set up 'Types' for each colour or material that I want to use on the context model.

Having set up the different colours by Type, you can easily switch materials for each box by swapping out Types for each box.

By locking the mass box to the underlay (and removing the Equal restrictions on the block), if the autocad layout is tweaked, the boxes automatically update (so long as you don't delete or add/omit any geometry from each block). If you don't remove the EQ, the boxes are locked to the origin position too, and any update on the Cad drawing causes constraint errors.

It's a handy way of blocking up a contextual model pretty quickly. Obviously, if your forms are more complex, you are probably better sticking with In Place Masses, and use an extrusion etc. But the simple box method saves quite a bit of time.

Martin

Message 4 of 4

thanks for helpin out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report