Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows and transparent image

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
giovanna.marchioro
341 Views, 3 Replies

Windows and transparent image

Hi, I'm an engineering student and for my thesis I have to do a restoration project of a building. However, I have found some problems that I can not solve: first, I have to follow in a floor plan of the existing building from a raster image, and I can not make the walls created more transparent as to be able to know where to place windows and doors that you see in the plan but that the walls hide. Secondly I can not find a way to insert windows that are not the standard ones, but for example you can create indicating two points (maximum width). Thanks for your help and attention, Giovanna

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

try these:

1. use Visual Style :Wireframe when you draw over a scaned plan , so to see the windows/doors ...
  2. use an Instance Family Window with Defining origins to Left or Right  as in  the attached file ...Try if it suits for your purpose...
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4

for 2. you can also use the method of inserting  of a Curtain Wall into the Basic Wall and then apply Cut.....to make room for it...

In the following recording , you can see both metods....

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/8aefa7d1-f34c-4f66-b9e5-d67f70566d2b

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much for your help!! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report