Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Compatibility

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
beacharchitect
8597 Views, 26 Replies

Windows 8 Compatibility

Any word on compatibilty issues with Revit and Windows 8?

Thad Broom, AIA

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
loboarch
in reply to: Jason_S

@Jason_S wrote:

Jeff,

To clarify, Revit 2012 works just fine on Windows 8 also.  Just may not be supported, correct? Because I have not had any issues with 2012.

2013 gave me a little trouble before update 2.

Thanks

I was under the impression the imcompatibility issue WOULD manifest itself in Revit 2012 as well, but if you are experiencing something different, you know more than I.  I don't have a Windows 8 machine and have not spoken directly with QA (Quality Assurance) on the issue as it relates to 2012.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 22 of 27
young
in reply to: heterarch

I have installed Revit 2013 on windows 8 and have problems with the ribbon. I try to install Update 2 and get a massage saying it cannot be installed. Any advice on how to get update 2 to install.

Message 23 of 27

I am looking into buying a new windows 8 computer(64 bit). I am wondering if anyone can confirm for sure that Revit 2013 will work? Also does anyone have any idea when Revit 2014 will be available?

Thanks

Message 24 of 27
Jason_S
in reply to: brandon_calleja

@brandon_calleja wrote:

I am looking into buying a new windows 8 computer(64 bit). I am wondering if anyone can confirm for sure that Revit 2013 will work? Also does anyone have any idea when Revit 2014 will be available?

Thanks

Revit 2013 will work perfectly fine with Update 2 loaded.  I also have Revit 2012 loaded and running fine.

Not sure on the 2014 release date but it will also run on Windows 8.

Message 25 of 27
Jason_S
in reply to: young

@Young wrote:

I have installed Revit 2013 on windows 8 and have problems with the ribbon. I try to install Update 2 and get a massage saying it cannot be installed. Any advice on how to get update 2 to install.

Sounds like you are installing the wrong update.  There are two different versions.  One for Revit Suite and the other for Revit without suite.  see the links below.

If you have Revit without a suite go here to download:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9273944

If you have Revit Building Design Suite go here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20679039&linkID=16831210

Hope this helps.

Message 26 of 27
IMCornish
in reply to: brandon_calleja

I also have a 64 bit Windows 8 system and Revit 2013 runs just fine with update 2 installed so long as you are not running a windows manager such as nView (nVidia) or or Hydravision (ATI). See  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Floating-Family-Dialog/td-p/3752423/page/2

In regard to Revit 14, our wholesaler has informed me that it should be available for download today (12th April 2013) but since I am in the UK this event might be related to US time.  It is certainly not available currently. (15.22 BST).

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 27 of 27
jeremyw
in reply to: andrew-cocke

I am having similar issues.  I have a Macbook Pro Retina Display / Windows 8 / Revit 2014.  I have tried to install and run it on Parallels 9 as well as Bootcamp and my screen flickers and locks up.  I am not able to work with Revit at all at this point.  I have tried reinstalling the software several times and have not been able to find a solution online yet.  Here are the specs for my macbook pro: 16GB Ram, 2.7 GHz Processor, 500G SSD.

Any help would be appreciated! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report