Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Jump

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1037 Views, 7 Replies

Screen Jump

Has anyone encounter problem with screen jump in Revit 2013?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
alan.quinn
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Are you on the latest build: http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/10/update-release-2-available-for-revit-2013-products-...

2. Is your Graphics Hardware certified and up to date. Click Graphics Hardware and enter required info: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

3. Is this happening on all projects or just one?

4. Is this happening to all users or just you?

5. Can you get the screen to jump in a new out of the box file?

6. If you move to another PC do you see the same issue?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: alan.quinn

1.  My Revit has service pack 2.

2. The Graphic card on my computer is Nvidia GeForce GTX570, which is not a supported hardware.  However I never had this problem with 2011 or 2012.  

3.  I am not the only having this issue in my office.  we have 20+ stations with Revit2013 and it seems like everyone is having the same problem.

5.  The screen jump is only happening withih Revit, when that happen my only option is to synchronize my works and restart Revit.  

FYI, the specs on my computer is Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40Ghz Quad Cores, 16GB DDR3 Ram, Nivida GeForce GTX 570 with 1.25GBRAM, dual monitors, and my in progress local files are store in my local hard drive.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 8
alan.quinn

Im not overly concerned with the graphics card, but if everyone in the the office in on this card and all are experiencing the same issue it may warrant testing on a certified card to rule it out.

When the screen jumps are you doing anything in particular? Can you re-create the jump at will?

When you say the option you have is to sync and re-start Revit is this the same for all users? Do you typically re-start in the middle of the day?

Are all these use working with two monitors? What happens if you only work with one?

I'm assuming that all 20 users are not working on the one project, but verify?

Thank you,

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

- No, I can't create the screen jump in my will. In attempt to use other tools, i.e. wall, dimension, etc..., the screen will continue to jump.  It seems like the synchronize function is one of the function that will work because it doesn't rely on the drawing area.  The issue happen very random.

- No, some user has single monitor.

- No, we each have our own project.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
alan.quinn

Do the following:

1. Close and re-open Revit (this will give me a clean journal)

2. Open Revit 

3. While Revit is open Browse to this location C:\Users\USER NAME HERE\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2013\Journals

4. Send me your latest journal (Dropbox or other means is fine)

Thank you,

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I know this thread is a few months old but I am having huge issues with my configuration (RS 2013) as well. My Project Browser & Properties boxes lterally jump from one screen to another (i have 2 screens) whenever I open a new file. I have a HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF with an AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7450 graphics card.

They will jump from where I place them on my nominated 2nd screen, back to the centre of my main screen whenever I open a new file. I have never experienced this with any other machine/configuration, Autodesk certified or not.

Does anyody have any ideas/suggestons?

TIA

Adam

Message 8 of 8
bimandict

Hi,

Not sure if this has been resolved.

But if this issue is the same as I had one way to test it is to set the options bar at the bottom of the screen. if that is resolving the issue then you may need a post Update 2 hotfix, replacing the Utility.dll file in the

C:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\Revit Architecture 2012\Program

location.

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report