Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
amason43
Message 1 of 5 (773 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit Content (Educational Warning?)

773 Views, 4 Replies
06-17-2010 01:12 PM

To get up and running, I am gathering content from all over the place.  I've heard of people having the problem of getting AutoCAD drawings marked with an 'educational' plot stamp by using items that were created with an educational version of the product.  Is that something I need to worry about with Revit?  If so, is there a warning that you are about to do that to a project?  I've been mostly using Google search, Sweets BIM Collection and Autodesk Seek to find content.  Do I need to be careful about where I pull stuff from?  Any other suggestions?  Seems that there is a lot of stuff I need that isn't provided OOTB...

Anthony Mason - CAD/BIM Manager
Nichols Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers
Blog: Daily Occurrence
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP2 / Revit Architecture 2011
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Google Chrome
Mentor
Message 2 of 5 (769 Views)

Re: Revit Content (Educational Warning?)

06-17-2010 01:23 PM in reply to: amason43

I regularly download content from the sites you listed and from Revitcity.com and have never had an issue with content from those sites.  However, I have not brought educational created conted into professional in order to see if it causes the stamp to appear, so only half an answer.

Lawrence

Valued Contributor
amason43
Message 3 of 5 (765 Views)

06-17-2010 01:26 PM in reply to: lawrencerobinson5

Thanks Lawrence.  My biggest concern is that I'll get educational content inadvertently.  Anyone know if there is a warning that notifies you to keep that from happening?

Anthony Mason - CAD/BIM Manager
Nichols Melburg & Rossetto Architects + Engineers
Blog: Daily Occurrence
AutoCAD Architecture 2008 SP2 / Revit Architecture 2011
Microsoft Windows XP SP3 / Google Chrome
Distinguished Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (736 Views)

06-17-2010 09:06 PM in reply to: amason43

I've yet to receive any educationally created files. But, I can tell you in AutoCAD you get a warning during the initial import/insert/xrefattach operation so you can elect to NOT bring such data into your AutoCAD file "inadvertently"....I'm quite certain Revit would contain the same type of warning BEFORE the link or data is imported.

Product Support
Message 5 of 5 (713 Views)

06-18-2010 07:34 AM in reply to: Robert_Grandmaison

Hello,

Revit files do not get "infected" so to speak by educational versions like AutoCAD files do.  You are at no risk when opening or loading a family into your project that was created in a educational or student version of Revit in a commerical version. 

Educational or student versions only print four black bars on the edges of prints when you print from the versions, but it doesn't care over if you open the file in a commerical version. 

I hope that this helps,

Harlan Brumm
Customer Service and Support
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube