Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No render credits for student

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
agr64
8102 Views, 22 Replies

No render credits for student

Hello

I am a student and a member of the education community.I have over 800 days left on my educational version of revit, and I cannot render in the cloud. I have rendered in the cloud previously and suddenly I am getting notifications of cloud credits required. When I click on the render in cloud tab on the ribbon the dialogue box appears with three lines at the bottom about cloud credits required, remaining, etc. All the option tabs are grayed out and each of the cloud credit lines has a pin wheel spinning. I am really confused and have searched everything. Please get in touch with me to get this resolved. My other classmates have no problem with the cloud. Its like my license is no longer reading as a student.

Thank You

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
philip.s
in reply to: agr64

You may need to resync you student entitlements / Autodesk360 benifits.

1. Log into the Education Community.

2. Click on the “Free Software” tab.

3. Select Revit, the version, language, and the operating system, and click “Next”.

4. You will get a serial number. It should start with “900-“. You don’t need to do anything with this number. Our system will automatically match the updated serial number to your account. You can always check this number under your “My Software” section later.

5. Open your Revit software.

6. At the right corner of the toolbar, there is the sign-in box. If you just downloaded and installed the latest version of the software, simply sign-in with your Autodesk Education Community ID. If you’ve been using the latest version of software and have your Autodesk Education Community ID already signed in, be sure to SIGN OUT first, then SIGN IN (again) with your Autodesk Education Community ID.

7. Click on your Sign In box, and choose “Account Details” to open up your user profile window. Click on “Services”, and you should see “999999999999” in the Live Map Data.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 23
jkrainak
in reply to: philip.s

This didn't seem to do the trick.  I had a student created an account within Revit, login to the student.autodesk.com website, confirm the activation emailand follow the above steps.  I then had him reboot, logout, login within Revit but he still sees the same screen - the one telling him he is using a trial of Cloud Render. 

My student account, the one i'm using to write this, shows a different screen - toward the bottom it says "0" credits, but I am able to render.

Message 4 of 23
philip.s
in reply to: jkrainak

Hello Jonathan!

Did the student use the same credentials to login to Autodesk 360 that they used to sign up for the Education Community?

Are you rendering on a personal computer or school / lab machine? 

Message 5 of 23
jkrainak

We are still investigating - is it possible that a certain amount of time needs to lapse before this procedure yields the correct "0" credits?  I logged in today, and the "services" area of the student profile is now correct.  However, I had a new student do the same procedure (same credentials, lab PC) and he still got the 0/25 credits trial screen.

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 23
philip.s
in reply to: jkrainak

You're welcome!

So an important point here is that the license dictates the behavior. As the unlimited cloud credits would only be acceptable to a student using their personal machine with the free student license installed, this behavior is expected for lab machines which would contain educational licenses.

Message 7 of 23
agr64

Hey

I am the original poster and I tried the above process. I went through and located the 900 number, opened revit, signed out and signed back in. Under the service tab at the live map data it says free.

Also at the bottom it says student access, but still says no render credits. I am on a personal computer also. Still need help with this issue

Thanks

Message 8 of 23
philip.s

Thanks for confirming Alex!

Although it say 0 credits, will it allow you to render or do you get an error?

Message 9 of 23
bycintr

Also for my account  it is written 0 credit but i have same problem. i tried that path too.

Message 10 of 23
philip.s
in reply to: bycintr

Hi Melih!

Are you accessing the software on a school computer or personal machine?

Message 11 of 23
bycintr

no it is my personal computer. also i checked the serial number on the product and which i took it from the website. it matches.

Message 12 of 23
marcinkeviciukas

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but I am battling with the same problem. I am using a personal computer, but had to use another to start up the renders, once. Now I don't have the unlimited credits and my projects are due soon. I am getting the 360 sync error as well. A little research on that: all the old threads' links lead to Revit 2013 sync hotfix. The links are dead, too, so that gets me nowhere.

When I sign in again in my Revit 2014 and go to account details it doesn't show any map or anything. 

Message 13 of 23

Hi @marcinkeviciukas!

Sorry for the dead links! The cloud credit issue sounds like there could be a connectivity issue between your student profile and your Autodesk 360 account. To have this verified, please submit a request through the Education Problem Form.

And for the Autodesk 360 sync issue, please see this solution. Please let me know if this works out for you! If not, please respond to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 23

Hey, Jessica!

Thanks for the insight, it appears to be working now. I did download the Revit 2014 again (didn't install it) and send a report via the link you provided, but I don't know which action caused the credit problem to disappear. Although, like someone already described it on this thread - it took some time for things to get fixed, it's fixed nevertheless. Thanks again 🙂

Cheers!

Message 15 of 23

You're very welcome! So glad to hear that you're up and running! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 16 of 23
headley_adrian

I was facing the same problem of using the revit 2016 student version and realizing that my render cloud credits were being used up. Before that I had unlimited available now I see 25.

I took your advise and went unto my autodesk profile>education community and updated my student profile.

Went back into revit and it was unlimited again.

*Thanks alot because this saved me some time for my interim critique*

Message 17 of 23
samin_eni

Hello,

Im using rendering cloud for a 1 and didnt have any problems with it but today when I wanted to render projects it shows that I dont have available cloud credit while nothing is changed in my account and computer. Im using my personal computer and its not allowing me to render anymore in cloud. I asked my another friend using her own educational account to check if she has the same problem and after checking she told me she has the same problem with her cloud and she can render with her educational license revit in cloud anymore. My username is: " samin_eni@yahoo.com "

Please check whats the problem and solve this issue.

Thank,

Samin Sameni

Message 18 of 23
KEA_BIM_Cafe

I use Revit 2017 students Autodesk account. There is no option "services". I should have unlimited Cloud Credits but in practice I have zero. I had 100 before and I used all. How can I change it to unlimited? Please see attached print screen. Thanks!

Message 19 of 23
denise.franc

I manage to solve this problem by changing the email and using on the software the same email as I use to download it. 

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 23
jlbenitezz91

Hello I´ve tried all you tell us about but the issue persist and I dont have any credit to render my university project, I have revit 2018 for student and that number 999999 doesnt appear just a new license number I make but still doest not work unlimitated credits. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report