Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader far away from room tag

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sequeirs
7503 Views, 4 Replies

Leader far away from room tag

My leader for my room tag is waaayy far away from my tag. The leader/border offset is set to 0, but that doesn't resolve the issue. Does anybody have any ideas how to solve this? (the leader and tag are in blue on the png)

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: sequeirs

Revit looks at the tags Depending what is in the family will define the edge where the line connects. Is there something in the family that might cause this. For example there could be a box with visibility set to off. Even when the box is not visible it will define the edge.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
sequeirs
in reply to: L.Maas

total genius. i went into the family and turned on all the visibility, and sure enough there was a big box hiding there! Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
ja1357
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi I had this issue but the issue was not an invisible element making the extents bigger it was the label positioning inside the FE if the label is not positioned in the center of the reference lines than the leader will not connect to the tag correctly when it is used in a project.  This issue was with an OOTB Autodesk Revit Family Duct Accessory Tag. 

Message 5 of 5
Thomas.PierceEX9FW
in reply to: ja1357

Thank you @ja1357  that fixed it for me. I turned on reference planes in visibility graphics and noticed the tag was placed to the bottom right of the "origin" i.e. 0,0 if the ref lines were an x,y axis. See attached snip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report