Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Card

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
candice.bigley
959 Views, 1 Reply

Graphics Card

I have a Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP 32-bit with Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family. I am a beginner and just downloaded Revit Architecture 2012. When I open software I receive message - "Cannot Use Hardware Acceleration, Hardware Acceleration Disabled. Software emulation mode is in use." I updated my video driver, I updated chipset (A097.2.2.1006). I contacted Dell support and support tech stated that my device is not compatible with Autodesk approved graphic cards and suggested I purchase a new laptop.

I looked up Autodesk 'find graphics hardware' entered my information and selected 'Intel' card vendor because I figured I could just upgrade my system. It does list one device: Intel 4 Series Internal Chipset, Intel Driver Release [6.14.10.5303]. I tried to download driver and it takes me to the Intel website but then I can't find Intel 4 Series listed above .

I'm trying to avoid purchasing a new laptop. Please confirm  if I can update graphics card on my laptop that is compatible with Revit 2012.

I'm open to suggestions. Thank you. Candice

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cvandevere
in reply to: candice.bigley

Does your laptop have a separate video card with it's own memory or is it integrated with the moterboard and shares the system memory? If it is the former you should be ok and the acceleration hardware feature can be turned off and still should be able to run the software ok. If it is the latter then yes you may have to consider a newer laptop with a dedicated video card with it's own memory. Go to the autodesk site and they list the minimum requirements for running Revit. If your machine doesn't have at least the minimum it is going to be difficult to run it. Revit loves memory.  My laptop has 8 gigs of ram plus 1 gig on the dedicated video card. My desktop has 24 gigs of ram and 2 gigs on the video card. Both are running Windows 7 Profesional-64.

CDV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report