Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Label Dimension Direction: Does it Matter?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paul.ashley
631 Views, 1 Reply

Family Label Dimension Direction: Does it Matter?

I am trying to control the distance of one element to another in a family by labeling the distance between the two.  I want one object to stay stationary and one to move in relation to it.  I'm having trouble with a particular family and to rule something out I'm wondering whether it matters which reference is selected first when creating the dimension to turn into a label.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Assume that you have two reference planes that are not pinned, and  you place a length parameter between them. You can create the dimension for the length parameter in any direction; it does not matter. When you change the value of the parameter, Revit will move the newer of the two planes. If you want to override that behaviour, you need to pin the newer reference plane, and only then the older one will move.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report