Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 2 (114 Views)

Family Label Dimension Direction: Does it Matter?

114 Views, 1 Replies
03-23-2013 02:00 PM

I am trying to control the distance of one element to another in a family by labeling the distance between the two.  I want one object to stay stationary and one to move in relation to it.  I'm having trouble with a particular family and to rule something out I'm wondering whether it matters which reference is selected first when creating the dimension to turn into a label.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: Family Label Dimension Direction: Does it Matter?

03-23-2013 02:17 PM in reply to: paul.ashley

Assume that you have two reference planes that are not pinned, and  you place a length parameter between them. You can create the dimension for the length parameter in any direction; it does not matter. When you change the value of the parameter, Revit will move the newer of the two planes. If you want to override that behaviour, you need to pin the newer reference plane, and only then the older one will move.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube