Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete/Purge Unused Viewport Types - 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kevinmulvaney
9139 Views, 5 Replies

Delete/Purge Unused Viewport Types - 2013

Has anyone found a solution for deleteting unused viewport types from Revit Arch 2013? I have a project that had some detail views imported from another project and brought along some unwanted viewport styles. Purge Unused does no good. There are no instances of the unwanted viewports in the project either.

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AJA14
in reply to: kevinmulvaney

Hi. I have recreated what you have and used purge unused. When the dialog opens, you will find viewports under other styles. Just check what you don't need and it will be purged. If that doesn't work then it is either still somewhere in the project or there is a bug.

Hope this helps.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 6
GlynnisVP

I believe there are certain system-level Viewports that are hardwired and cannot be purged.  The trick is to use those as your company standard so that your other ones which are not hardwired can be deleted.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Regards,

Glynnis Patterson

www.ideatebimlink.com | www.ideateexplorer.com

Message 4 of 6
kevinmulvaney
in reply to: GlynnisVP

I believe the non standard viewports began as system viewports that were renammed. So essentially they are the hardwired viewports that can not be deleted.

Bummer.

Kevin Mulvaney, CAD/Revit Manager
PKA ARCHITECTS
Portland Oregon
Message 5 of 6
davebillion

Okay, I've had the same problem. The "hardwired" explanation makes sense, now.
Message 6 of 6
craigh_bim

One thing I found is that Viewports don't only apply to Views, but also to Schedules. Remove all of the schedules from the sheets, then try purging.

Additionally, found I could remove all but one Viewport through purging if I delete all schedules from the Project entirely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report