Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't adjust 2D visuals of Column Grids - Element too small on screen

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CraigGorsuch
574 Views, 2 Replies

Can't adjust 2D visuals of Column Grids - Element too small on screen

Revit Arch 2012.  I've got some large grids in the model and need to adjust their 2d extends in a matchline plan.  However every time I try to do so, I receive the "Element is too small on screen" error.

Screencast of error in action.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1837564/Cant_resize_column_grids.mov

I mentioned in the vid that the grids were Copy/Monitor'ed from "another drawing"... I meant another model.

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CraigGorsuch

Try zooming into the Grid Head and moving across a greater portion of the screen. I believe that the "Element is too small" error is relative to how far across the screen you're trying to move it; it's not based on any actual distance. Drag the Grid Head away slowly until the error icon goes away ( Æ ).

Another thing dumb about this error is that it only takes into account how far the mouse cursor is from the origin point. For instance, you want to move a line to the left 1/1024" of an inch. If you click of the line and move the cursor across the screen, far enough away from the origin so that the error symbol goes away, you can type in 1/1024" on the keyboard and it will work just fine. However, if the cursor is still too close to the point of origin, it will return this error even though you are manually entering a value and not even clicking the mouse.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
CraigGorsuch
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I had to extend the grid almost full circle before I could reduce it down to my desired extends for the view.  But it's working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report