Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam System Tagging

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
586 Views, 2 Replies

Beam System Tagging

I am creating a beam system.  I click the "beam system" button on the structure panel.  However, it then goes into sketch mode without stopping to allow me to select "automatic beam system" and/or "Tag on Placement."  Fortunately, I can see that "automatic beam system" is already selected in the split second that flashes before going to sketch mode.  However, I do not have the opportunity to select the "Tag on Placement."  I am really new to Revit and thus I am wondering if there is a different way to possibly turn on the tagging since the way I know is not an option.  This may be very easy and I just am not experienced enough to know.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
luna.ye
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mavarholak, You can find the detailed answer in the help."There must be a closed loop of supporting elements (walls or beams) already drawn, or the program will automatically redirect you to the Create Beam System Boundary tab. " So if there’s no closed loop, you will redirect to the Create Beam System Boundary tab. Hope this helps.

Luna Ye
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: luna.ye

Thank you, Luna, I have noticed a few people had the same question.
the next question is: how to get back those 3 buttons back without being redirected to Create Beam SystemBoundary tab? where and how to find that particular object with unclosed loops? And is it ever possible to finish drawing the object with an open loop?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report