Project Falcon

bijibijmak
Message 1 of 8 (557 Views)

Problem with Project Falcon ad-in in Inventor 2013

557 Views, 7 Replies
12-13-2012 08:11 AM

Just downloaded and Installed Project Falcon on my Inventor 2013 (64 bit) educational. Although I enable the ad-in in Inventor and using ad in manager from start menu, I am unable to use it to run simulations. 

What can I do?

Employee
hartogj
Message 2 of 8 (556 Views)

Re: Problem with Project Falcon ad-in in Inventor 2013

12-13-2012 08:40 AM in reply to: bijibijmak

Hi bijibijmak

Thanks for letting us know. Lets see if we can isolate the issue to the file or the installation.

1) Can you try the attached ipt file and see if you see the same behavior? From your description, I suspect you will but we should check to be sure.

2) If it doesn't work can you let us know exactly which build of Inventor you are using?
 This will help us try to recreate the issue and hopefully get an understanding of what is going on.

In the meantime, you can grab Falcon standalone from the labs website as a workaround. You can open STL and many other file formats in that application so hopefully that will help you out in the near term.

bijibijmak
Message 3 of 8 (547 Views)

12-13-2012 08:37 PM in reply to: hartogj

I tried the cube. Still doesn't work. What I noticed is that whenever I start Inventor and go into ad-ins, the falcon ad-in is unloaded and I have to check the box but it still doesn't work even if I restart the program. 

I am using Inventor Professional 2013 - educational verison - 64 bit. 

Thank you. 

Employee
hartogj
Message 4 of 8 (514 Views)

12-17-2012 07:16 PM in reply to: bijibijmak

Thanks for the extra info. I confirmed this functions fine on other installations of Inv Professional Edu Version. We tested Build 138 - you can check the about box to see if that matches yours.

Your description makes it sound like it could be an installation problem, perhaps due to permissions. I don't have a surefire solution but there are some questions that might help us narrow in on it.

Any known permissions restrictions on your machine? Occasionally you need to install SW by right clicking on the installer and running as an admin, even if you are logged into Windows as an admin on the machine.

Any policies set on your system that would prevent add-ins from running?

Did you install with access for "Just Me" or "Everyone"?

Did you install to the default directory or a custom one?

Is Inventor installed in a non-standard location?

Any special characters in the installation folders? Sometimes localized characters can introduce challenges.

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried rebooting?

bijibijmak
Message 5 of 8 (509 Views)

12-17-2012 08:29 PM in reply to: hartogj

Haha, rebooting! Yes, I did inffact, a few times too!

But I did install Inventor in a non standard directory but installed Falcon in the standard directory it suggested. 

jalindar
Message 6 of 8 (478 Views)

12-19-2012 10:27 PM in reply to: bijibijmak

Hi,

There is no problem if Inventor is install in non standard directory.

When Falcon for Inventor is installed  give the correct path of Inventor installing directory.

For example if Inventor is installed in D drive,give following path while installation Falcon for Inventor

"D:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Addins\"

Please see the attached image where to put the correct.

bijibijmak
Message 7 of 8 (468 Views)

12-20-2012 10:52 AM in reply to: jalindar

I uninstalled falcon and installed it again in the Inventor install directory but it didn't have the "Addin" folder. I created the folder and installed falcon. After a restart, Project falcon is no more visible in the addin manager window. 

Message 8 of 8 (458 Views)

12-21-2012 12:21 AM in reply to: bijibijmak

Please ckeck that you are installing  "x64-InventorFalconSetup.msi" for Autodesk inventor x64

Steps

1. If "Falcon For Inventor" is installed then uninstall it.

2. While installing "Falcon For Inventor" use default setting, no need to give any path or create any folder.

Please let me knwo if you are facing any problem.

Note : The Addin Folder is present in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Addins\" and it is Hidden Folder.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community