Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel zoom sometimes too fast. have to change windows to get it back work!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
architetto.rei
5894 Views, 8 Replies

Wheel zoom sometimes too fast. have to change windows to get it back work!

Hi my friends, i've a problem with autocad 2014 and my pointing device.

My system is: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 , Radeon hd8890m 2GB , 16Gb ram , 256 ssd samsung 840evo , Logitech Performance MX (with own remote controller dedicated) , Logitech K800 Keyboard (with own remote controller dedicated) , 3dconnexion space navigator .

Sometimes, while using autocad, the scroll wheel mouse increase by itself the zoom.. have to change windows on my desktop (for example, open browser, or word..) and use the scroll over it.. then, back to autocad, zooming is ok..

I don't know why it happened. I've latest driver for any pointing device and others.

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Do you have the latest AutoCAD service packs installed?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for the support! Yes, i've already installed SP1 on my autocad 2014.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks!!

Message 4 of 9

Is it only happening in a specific drawing or all drawings? When you open the acad.dwt is it doing the same?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 9
pendean
in reply to: architetto.rei

ZOOMFACTOR variable changing perhaps? Win8.1 is introducing a lot of quirks that haven't been resolved yet, you may be adding to the list with that one.

Remember, "sometimes" has no cure unless we all can reproduce it "all the time". See if you can identify a trigger: could be a function, command, sequence of commands, or mouse button actions.

Many Win8.1 users with issues are reporting that the best fix to date are undated video card drivers that are Win8.1 specific.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: architetto.rei

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem quite often. 

I use the Logitech Performance MX mouse as well. That must be the source of the problem. I have a second mouse plugged into the computer (shows you how often it happens) to use whenever this happens, and it immediately fixes the problem. I also noticed if you save the file it seems to fix the problem most of the time, at least for a while.

I have dealt with it on different computers in many different files with the same mouse in ACAD 2013, 2014 and 2015. They were always the most current versions.

Anyone have any ideas why this specific mouse is doing this?

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The mouse driver also controls the wheel speed and other wheel settings: dive into them or just give up that one problem mouse instead of having 'two', that's just crazy 🙂
Message 8 of 9

I disabled smooth scroll on my Logitech mouse and that permanently solved the problem. Hope that helps!

Message 9 of 9

+1 to this! Smooth scroll was enabled on the app-specific scroll settings for my Logitech MX Master 3. This seems to have fixed the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost