Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tablet to buy that is compatible with Win7 64bit ACAD?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rdoldfield
1887 Views, 4 Replies

What tablet to buy that is compatible with Win7 64bit ACAD?

My two Summasketch III 12x12 are vintage and the power packs are becoming unstable. Finding parts for these old tablets are few and far. I've found a used SSIII fior $350. I use the tablet for the 16 button features in ACAD.

What has anyone bought lately that is Win7 64bit ACAD compatible?

Thx,

RDO

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rdoldfield

>>>... the tablet for the 16 button features ...<<<
None. The technology stopped being developed after WinXP.

You are welcome to help yourself by searching the forum you are posting in for suggestions and workarounds. You will not be disappointed but you won't be overly-happy either.
Message 3 of 5
rdoldfield
in reply to: pendean

So your saying a brand new CalComp tablet won't work?

I'm using a 16 year old SS III with the TabletWork add on driver and it works fine.

thx,

RDO

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rdoldfield

Ask Calcomp for an AutoCAD driver that works in Win7 and a 16-button puck (not as a mouse driver):
Toll Free USA: 800.856.0732
Note this and drill down to the individual help forums on this site:
http://www.gtcocalcomp.com/supportdigitizing.htm
Message 5 of 5
rdoldfield
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, received this and a quote for the new tablet.

The DrawingBoard VI is fully compatible with any Windows operating system, up to and including Windows 8 32/64-bit.  However, our tablet driver (TabletWorks 10.xx) is not recommended for use with AutoCAD software.  Please review the following information about using the DrawingBoard VI with AutoCAD.  Please note that Autodesk is not one of our software partners, and questions about tablet/digitizer support in AutoCAD should be directed to Autodesk technical support.

Beginning with AutoCAD 2009, AutoCAD requires a Wintab 1.1 compatible driver.  TabletWorks only supports Wintab 1.0, and it is not compatible with current versions of AutoCAD.  Please review the below information about setting up your digitizer with AutoCAD:

• Remove TabletWorks and install the vTablet driver provided by Digitizer Technology Company.  Available at www.vTablet.com.
  • Your tablet must be connected to your PC using a serial connection.  The vTablet driver does not support USB.  If your PC does not have an available serial port, we recommend using the Keyspan USA-19HS serial-to-USB adapter. 
  • If you do not have the serial cable and power supply for your digitizer, you may contact our sales staff to order them.
  • The digitizer should be set to its default configuration setting.
  • TabletWorks may provide limited compatibility with some earlier versions of AutoCAD.  For full compatibility, you should use vTablet.
  • Please note that vTablet and AutoCAD are third-party software products, and we do not provide technical support for issues with those programs.

I bought the vTablet 7.11 driver last year to run on ACAD2013,Win7 64bit and on my crusty old Summasketch III. So us dinosaurs out there can still use a new tablet and 16 button mouse.

Thanks for the dialog,

RDO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost