PLM 360 General

Mentor
Message 1 of 3 (124 Views)

Using DMSID in computed fields

124 Views, 2 Replies
03-15-2013 02:34 PM

Hi,

In the 'Sequencer' workspace which is provided with the standard tennant the 'Seq ID' field uses the value 'DMSID' in the computed field formula to display the dmsid of the item. However I do not seem to be able to use it myself. Nor can I clone the 'Seq ID' field.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

David.

Board Manager
broepke
Message 2 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: Using DMSID in computed fields

03-16-2013 10:43 AM in reply to: dkeeley

Hi David,

We're blocking the system prop (DMSID) from being used in computed fields now.  However, checking with the guy that wrote the sequencer that field isn't really needed.  It's essentially just there to make it easier for new users to "see" the DMSID.

You can still call the DMSID via scripting and it will give you the same result. 

print(dmsID);

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/PLM_360/enu/Help/Help/0091-Develope91/0092-Server-S92/0099-Scriptin99

Brian Roepke
Director of PLM & PDM
Autodesk, Inc.

Mentor
Message 3 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Using DMSID in computed fields

03-18-2013 02:17 AM in reply to: broepke
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the information. I had already looked at getting the dmsid from the script. The problem is that I have 2000 or so records that I need to be able to get the dmsid for. A calculated field would allow me to do this without having to run a script on all the records.

Could you unlock this functionality? Alternatively if you are going to release some functionality that makes it easier to run a script on batches of items at once then that would do the trick also.

David.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community