Did you mean: 

AcDbLayerTable::has

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
EMD1954
669 Views, 6 Replies

AcDbLayerTable::has

I have a series of layer names that are grouped based on how my programs use them.  As an example, I have about 10 layers that start with "!DISPLAY_" (e.g. "!_DISPLAY_FACET").  I need a way to see if any of them exist.  The ::has method doesn't work with wildcards?

I have a function that uses the following code and it returns FALSE when I pass it _T("!_DISPLAY_*") as csLayerName (and "!_DISPLAY_FACET" exists):

AcDbLayerTable *pLayerTbl;

AcDbDatabase *pCurDb;

pCurDb = acdbHostApplicationServices()->workingDatabase();

pCurDb->getSymbolTable(pLayerTbl, AcDb::kForRead);

if(pLayerTbl->has(csLayerName)) {

pLayerTbl->close();

return TRUE;

} else {

pLayerTbl->close();

return FALSE;

}

Is there a way to accomplish this with wildcards?

Thanks,

Ed

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: EMD1954

You can iterate LayerTable, get LayerTableRecord and compare its name with help of function acutWcMatch (or acutWcMatchEx) with your's pattern (e.g. with _T("!_DISPLAY_*")).

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 7
StephenPreston

Agreed. I see no way to do a direct wildcard search without iterating the SymbolTableRecords.

Perhaps if you explained the purpose of wanting to know if any of your records have been added to the table rather than specific ones, then someone may be able to suggest an alternative approach. For example, are you doing this to see if the DWG has previously been processed by your app? If so, you could (for example) add some Xdata to the drawing or add an Xrecord to the Named Objects Dictionary.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 4 of 7
EMD1954
in reply to: StephenPreston

I have some routines that control the layers depending on what the program is trying to accomplish.  If there are elements on !_DISPLAY_FACET, depending on what the function is trying to do, I may want to freeze or thaw (or even lock) that layer.  When the dialog boxes load, there are check boxes for the different types of elements.  I used to put everything on !_DISPLAY so it was easy use the function I showed before to return TRUE or FALSE and set the check boxes accordingly.  Now, I need to keep things on separate layers.

I think iterating through the layer table is probably the best way.  I just thought that it would be as easy as selecting elements with the wildcard layer names in acutBuildList() like: rb = acutBuildList(-3, 1001, _T("MyApp"), RTDXF0, _T("LINE"), 8, _T("!DISPLAY_*"), RTNONE); which works fine only if there are elements on the layer.  I need to control them even if there's nothing on them.

I will post my solution tomorrow.

Thank you,

Ed

Message 5 of 7
EMD1954

Here's my function.  I set it up so I can do with or without wildcards.  Any comments, suggestions or improvements are always welcome.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 6 of 7
Alexander.Rivilis

Take a good look what is wrong in this cycle:

for ( ; !pLayerTableIterator->done() ; pLayerTableIterator->step()) {
	es = pLayerTableIterator->getRecord(pRecord, AcDb::kForRead, FALSE);
	if(es != Acad::eOk) {
		acutPrintf(_T("\nLayerTableIterator->getRecord in emdExistsLayer() returned %d"), es);
		continue;
	} else {
		pRecord->getName(chrName);
		if(acutWcMatchEx(chrName, chrLayerName, TRUE)) {
			bExists = TRUE;
			break;  // out of the for loop
		}
	}  // if es
	pRecord->close();
}  // for

If acutWcMatchEx(chrName, chrLayerName, TRUE) != 0 then you forget close pRecord. 😞

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 7 of 7
EMD1954
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Yes.  Missed that!

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost