Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewpoints change in subcontractors file vs. my original .nwf

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ricemal
657 Views, 6 Replies

Viewpoints change in subcontractors file vs. my original .nwf

I am having an issue with my viewpoints report. We typically save all of our marked up clashes as marked up viewpoints in our .nwf. We export an .nwd for the subs to view the viewpoints prior to coordination meetings. I have gotten feedback that some of our viewpoints are not showing up correctly in their .nwd model (i.e. zooms very far away from the model, shifts the views 180 degrees, etc.) The .nwd opens up fine on my machine and the viewpoints look as they did in my .nwf.

I am using Navis Manage 2013 and saving the .nwd in a 2012 format for our subs. Has anyone else had this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
alan.quinn
in reply to: ricemal

Make sure you are on the latest build of Navisworks. Go here for details: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=10382102

Message 3 of 7
ricemal

Yes, I have downloaded service pack 2, but keep getting an error when trying to get the clash hotfix installed. I know service pack two is installed because now all my viewpoints have the clash highlighted, but lose all the mark-ups.

The error I get is "No applicable Navisworks Manage 2013 SP2 installs found."

Message 4 of 7
alan.quinn

Make sure you have the latest installed as a hot fix was issues due to an issue in the update. Go here for the latest and even if you think its install, try again. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20626807&linkID=10382102

Thank you,

Message 5 of 7
ricemal

I have un-installed and re-installed both the SP2 and the clash hotfix at least three times, and I still get the error message "No applicable Navisworks Manage SP2 installs found."

Message 6 of 7
alan.quinn

We thjink you may still be trying to install the wrong dll. Go here:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2013

Right-click lcclash.dll, click properties and check the details tab, If the hotfix is installed, it should list the file version as 10.2.919.62 If the dll is already updated the hotfix will show that same error message, which is confusing.

If that DLL is still the earlier version from SP2, maybe you downloaded the hotfix when it first came out and are still trying to install with that version of hotfix. There was an issue in which that error message you are receiving appears if you installed SP2 without first installing SP1 .

SP1 is not required for SP2, but there was a problem with the hotfix’s installer so development issus a fix and put another one up without the issue. If you download the latest http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20626807&linkID=10382102 that message shouldn’t occur (unless they already installed it)

Message 7 of 7
ricemal
in reply to: alan.quinn

My file version is 10.2.910.43. I just clicked on the link to the clash hotfix that you listed above, and I still get the same error message.

SP2 is installed because my viewpoints now retain the clashes highlighted, but lose all of the hidden/transparent attributes and all mark-ups. I have the "save/hide required attributes" checked in the Navisworks option window. The "reset appearance" viewpoint also does not work. Is there a way to uninstall SP2? This has caused a great deal of unnecessary added time to my workflow since it has messed up my viewpoints reports. I now have to individually edit each viewpoint and re-hide items that I have already hidden.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report