Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Navisworks Freedem 2015 Install

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
735 Views, 1 Reply

Troubleshooting Navisworks Freedem 2015 Install

Every time I try to install the downoad for Freedome 2015 (Navisworks_Freedom_2015_dlm.sfx.exe at http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-navisworks-family/autodesk-navisworks-freedom) it hangs up. Appears to still be extracting. I've experienced the same or similar problem w/the 2014 download. Managed to install the 2013 package, but it wouldn't run the *.NWD file I had sent to me.

The 2015 file always stalls at 429 MB out of 2.37 GB.

I am running a Win 7 Pro SP1 Dell 64-bit machine w/2.7 GHz i7 CPU and 4 GB of RAM.

Any suggestions to fix the install would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

4 GB RAM is borderline.  Not saying thats the problem (likely isn't) but 8 GB would be workable minimum.  IMHO you will be much happier with 12 - 16 GB.

Are you having problems getting the download, or installing?  ie. does the download finish?  If the download doesn't finish, try cleaning out temp folders and ensure you have enough space to both download and install the program.  The newer releases can be a little... chubby.  For what its worth, I grabbed both the x64 and x32 installers without problems.

And did you have the BETA release installed at any point?

Installation board is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24.  I haven't seen any specific mention of Navisworks products yet, but the AutoDesk folks are *very* helpful.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report