Community
Navisworks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Navisworks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Navisworks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2012 & Quickpen (The Great Wire Frame Box Debacle)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cwwalder21
514 Views, 3 Replies

Navisworks 2012 & Quickpen (The Great Wire Frame Box Debacle)

Hey guys & gals, I hope you can help me out, because well I am at a lost here. Anyways we have a sub that is using quickpen with autocad 2012. We are only using autocad 2010 here, but have navis 2012. So we can not use the quickpen viewers and have to have them export the files out. So far it has worked great. Until one the the latest file updates, and for the life of me I can not get it. 

When I open just the dwg it turns into a giant wire frame box, if I append the file it turns everything into a giant wire frame box. If I open the file and nwcout, and open it by itself it shows the duct in a plan view, but as soon as I try to do anything it turns into a giant wire frame box again. When I try to append the nwc, it now make everything disappear, no wire frame box.

I have messed with the changing the dwg loader version to 2010 and 2012. I have opened the file and saved it with 2010. I have even downloaded the 2010 Quickpen viewer to see if that will work and I keep getting the same results. I do not know what to do now. It is strange to me how it works one all the other floor drawings that were exported the same way, but this file is going crazy.

Any help anyways one can give would be great and great;y appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bstacks
in reply to: cwwalder21

cwwalder21,

Have you updated your viewer to the latest version posted on 8/31? If not, go to the website and download the viewer from http://www.quickpen.com/index.php/PD3D™-Viewers/.

Otherwise, go to global options and check under your DWG settings to make sure that your drawing loader version is set to 2012.

Message 3 of 4
cwwalder21
in reply to: bstacks

Yes I have tried, the problem is that unless you are running Autocad 2012 it will not install. That is why I am having them export in the first place. It should export it to normal autocad blocks. It has done it with all the other floors. It is just this one file in particular. 

As far as the changing the DWG/DWF to 2012, I have done that, it does not seem to help. 

Thanks for the help, but no go yet.

Message 4 of 4
bstacks
in reply to: cwwalder21

Understood, could you please contact our support at 303.799.6500 or tech@quickpen.com? I have instructed them to help you with your issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report