Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Questions About Custom Entities

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DiaVisual
409 Views, 3 Replies

Some Questions About Custom Entities

I've just got start with autocad development, using C#.

I have seen that in VBA there is an proporty called ObjectName, like Line as AcDbline. But but these days i get to know there are some method to define a new entity with a custom ObjectName like 'AcDbHouse' etc.. I'm curistiy about this, but I do not kown how to make it with C#.

Can Anyone Help Me To Solve This Problem? Many Thanks.

My english is too poor that I'm not sure if you have got to know my question, I will Try to explain if any.thx

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: DiaVisual

Hi,

Bad news: NO, you can't do custom objects with  .NET API in AutoCAD, for that you *need* to resort to C++. As an alternative you can try Overrule API (intro here: Overrule ), but obviously it's not the same as a custom object. Another way, depending on the complexity of your custom object, could be  dynamic blocks  driven by a .NET application.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 4
DiaVisual
in reply to: hgasty1001

Thank you for your answer. in this case, I have to give up and find some way alternative to finilish my work.
thank you again.
Message 4 of 4
hgasty1001
in reply to: DiaVisual

Hi,

Please don't give up, may be if you explain in details what it's your target, someone could help you, there are real world class people here, not to mention Autodesk ADN's people "hearing".

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost