Did you mean: 

How can I size plumbing pipes with sub branches

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tanerpro
374 Views, 2 Replies

How can I size plumbing pipes with sub branches

Hello,

Please find the attached picture with sample blocks. If there is only bottom main pipe, there is no problem I can find the loads from a excel file and size the pipes, but when there are sub branches like a treeview how can I do the sizing?

The user will select the main pipe at the bottom and the program will find all branches linked to it and find all blocks linked to the sub branches and start summing the pipe diamaters from the outermost to the nearest.

If someone can show me a way, or some code will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: tanerpro

Hello,

Your query is too generic to provide any suggestion.

In general programming terms, you would need to implement a recursive method that would evaluate the result for a single branch and use it to gather the results for all the branches.

If you can provide a sample code that you have already (even if that isnt complete or working correctly) that can help provide a suggestion.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
tanerpro
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

I can't make up my mind, so couldn't develop any code yet.

If someone can give a clue, guide, how to populate all branches I will be very glad.

What I am thinking is:

To start from the main pipe, which to user selects, find all intersecting pipes and and populate them with distance information in a Treeview control.

Later starting from the last pipe coming to the first, sum one by one and find the loads and corresponding diameters.

I will be very glad if any experienced friend should guide me.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost