Did you mean: 

Getting minimal polygon that contains given point

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
WWFreeman
607 Views, 2 Replies

Getting minimal polygon that contains given point

Hello again. This time I would like to have chat about a problem that resembles to what the hatch command is doing.

I am about to implement an algorithm that takes a point and gives minimal polygon that contains it. (or null, be there no such polygon)

Observing the hatch command, one would think there is already functionality that covers this. But I fail to get on its track.To materialize the question: does someone know whether the functioanlity is expsed and where to find it? In case there is such a thing yet, I would not mind elaborating the solution here. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hgasty1001
in reply to: WWFreeman

Hi, 

Check the TraceBoundary method of the editor class.

Gaston Nunez

Message 3 of 3
WWFreeman
in reply to: hgasty1001

Yay, that was fast, and does work. Articles on the topic can be found once one knows how the feature is called.

There is an example of getting the traced boundaires with isles, and drawing them back:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2010/06/tracing-a-boundary-defined-by...

Just one more related question: is there a way to trace a boundary on a specified layer? So far I figure it is possible to turn off all unwanted layers and restore their visibility back as soon as the boundary has been traced. Is that the only solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost