Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publisher and the Active Inventor Project file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AlexFielder
650 Views, 1 Reply

Publisher and the Active Inventor Project file

Hi all,

I have a large >1000 part assembly that I'd like to load into Inventor Publisher 2013.

I can insert the top level assembly directly from my C:\ workspace folder, but then I have to click through every single assembly or part file in order to resolve their path(s) & get the **** thing to load.

I have since logged into Vault Professional 2012 and mapped the IVPublisher workspace to the same place as my Inventor project, then made a new file and clicked the "Insert from Vault" button.

This looks as though it's going to succeed but there's no progress bar or spinning icon to speak of?

Because this last attempt looked like it wasn't going to work, I have now resorted to moving the IVPublisher workspace to a sub folder of the C:\Vault_Workspace\Designs folder but it looks like IVPub is now downloading (from Vault Pro) a copy of all the sub-assemblies/parts referenced by the top-level assembly I told it to insert.

Is there any guaranteed method of getting large inventor assemblies into Publisher? (or am I simply being impatient?!)

Why doesn't it directly support interfacing with the Inventor .ipj file?

Thanks.

Alex.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peggy.wang
in reply to: AlexFielder

Thank you for posting your feedback in Newsgroup. Usually, I will right click on the top assembly, and select "Pack and Go" to pack all the sub-assembly and parts into a workspace. And when insert assembly in Publisher, before click OK, please click Options, and choose the correct project file.  I won't meeting any resolve dialog if I can use inventor to open the whole assembly without any problem. Please see attached image.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report