New Idea
3 Kudos
timdown73

Work plane opacity adjustment

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎04-17-2014 11:07 AM

It would be VERY useful to be able to adjust the opacity of work planes.   It gets pretty hard to see when you have any more than two on at one time. 

7 Kudos
crmayo

D = d (Dimensions)

by crmayo on ‎04-14-2014 06:09 AM

Most of the time when I'm drawing, my cap lock are on.  If you type an uppercase D for a dimension value, Inventor doesn't recognize it as a variable.  I want Inventor to treat uppercase and lowercase D's the same in dimension dialog boxes.

D=d model dimensions.JPG

2 Kudos
marco.takx

Notch Feature Option for laser cutting

by marco.takx on ‎04-17-2014 07:29 AM

I like to see a notch solution for this types of issues:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg 

Solution maybe something like a checkbox within The Notch feature.

(Checkbox) Cut perpendicular to smallest intersection

4.jpg

5.jpg

17 Kudos

Diameter dimension

by livewire77 on ‎04-07-2014 09:51 AM

Inventor should recognize this as diameter and automatically place diameter symbol before text. Solidworks can do it.

Diameter.jpg

17 Kudos

Measure circular filet's radius

by Active Contributor fsanchou on ‎04-07-2014 01:39 AM

Be able to directly measure the filet's radius (it is possible to do this by selecting the circles's center but they are not always available) :

radius filet.png

Best regards,

2 Kudos

At presently I ahve to extrude all lines from a sketch individually to form surfaces.  Very time consuming when my billable rate is much $.

Poor suggestions are only workarounds when i post in forum.
 ("export to autocad, suck it up, etc...")

I would like to be able to CTRL + select all lines and extrude them as surfaces at once, rather than mulitple times.

8 Kudos
crmayo

Copy / paste into different Inventor sessions

by crmayo on ‎04-10-2014 01:22 PM

It's pretty common for me to have multiple Inventor session open so I can reference other designs while drawing.

I would like to be able to copy / paste sketches, parts, assemblies, sketch symbols, etc. from one Inventor session into another.

I can add the appropriate search paths if needed.

3 Kudos

Print Bill of Materials

by matt on ‎04-15-2014 04:02 AM

Add an option to print the Bill of Materials in the BOM dialogue of the assembly environment.

print bom.png

16 Kudos

Rotating aligned dimensions

by thomas.vilsmeier on ‎04-04-2014 01:40 AM

If you want to rotate a view with all it's dimensions (e.g. by 90 degrees) some dimensions will break. That's really annoying! It would be better if the dimensions were aligned to the view and rotate with it.

01.PNG

Initial situation

02.PNG

Rotate view by 90°

03.PNG

Broken dimensions

9 Kudos
duncan

Multiple Sheet View

by Distinguished Contributor duncan on ‎04-09-2014 02:52 AM

Why, when creating a drawing in either IDW or DWG can't you view multiple sheets in one window ?

The designers/developers at Adesk seem to think we get evrything right first time and we like to beleive this as well.

This rarely happens.

We often have to go back any change or alter things.

Life would be a lot easier if we could view ALL sheets in one window in Inventor and then 'drag & drop' things from one sheet to another.

At present there are even silly little problems when trying to 'copy & paste', different types of items do not always go together :smileysad:

I've currently got 4 x A4 sheets that I want to combine to 1 x A1 and I would be a lot easier to 'drag & drop' rather than "activating" each sheet.

27 Kudos
khosking

Custom Colour Schemes - Inventor Application Options

by Active Contributor khosking ‎03-25-2014 12:30 AM - edited ‎03-25-2014 12:34 AM

There is an inherit issue with the design of Inventor colour schemes; in that what one user likes, another will find distracting or distasteful. But thankfully, such colour scheme issues can finally be laid to rest. Introduce the very much Doge Theme colour scheme for Inventor;

Or alternatively, rather than going with the latest in Autodesk Colour Scheme crazes; Inventor users could be given the freedom to finally decide on what colours their Inventor sessions consist of, using their own intuition to solve the age old problem of ugly colour schemes. Think about it, “custom colour schemes”… Doge Theme would be left in the dark!

Kthxbye.

15 Kudos
crmayo

Attach iproperty to balloon leader - styles

by crmayo on ‎04-02-2014 11:42 AM

I would like to have an option in the balloon style dialog box that allows you to add an iproperty or model property to the balloon leader line. 

Three of my common uses:

-Quantity

-spare parts

-short descriptions

Using this, builders don’t have to refer back to the parts list (bom) at much.  If we had the ability to use an iproperty or a default field via , this information would populate automatically.

BALLOON-STYLE-IPROP.jpg

perhaps something like this:

balloon-style-dialog.jpg

1 Kudo

Save simulation report formats

by Distinguished Contributor DWhiteley on ‎04-17-2014 07:26 AM

Inventor FEA / Frame analsysis etc. - in fact every time we have to run a report. (Adesk Sim Mech as well).

Have the option to save the report format (to, say, an XML file).

It's REALLY annoying having to re-tick all the required otions every time.

1 Kudo

Indicate Drawing Available

by ileblanc on ‎04-17-2014 05:42 AM

Hello,

I would like to see an idicator showing weather a drawing is available for a specific part in an assembly bill of material.

DRAWING AVAILABLE.jpg

Also I would like to see an indicator showing weather it is an IDW or DWG.

This would help on larger projects ensuring that all the detail drawing are complete prior to releasing to production.

Regards,

Ivon

8 Kudos

Text Parameters to match dimension style

by ileblanc on ‎04-07-2014 08:57 AM

Hello,

I would like to see the dimensional pararmeters inserted in to a text field match the dimension style. 

PARAMETER-IN-TEXT.jpg

I would like this to show in fractions...

PARAMETER-IN-TEXT2.jpg

This would be nice.   Maybe the text could also match a dimension style that has the tolerance and style etc.

Thanks,

Ivon

7 Kudos

toggle horizontal/vertical constraint

by Distinguished Contributor DWhiteley on ‎04-08-2014 02:42 AM

In 2015, when using the new horizontal/vertical constraint in sketching, you see preview of the direction.

Idea is to use a button or the mouse wheel to toggle between horizontal & vertical constraint as the preview is shownig, if the wrong one has been selected.

This will stop the mouse clicks to go to the other constraint.

18 Kudos

Mechanical Design Material Library

by ileblanc on ‎03-28-2014 06:05 AM

Hello,

I like the wide selection of materials available for the look of the model.  One thing I have noticed is that there is a wider range of choice for architectural vs mechanical. 

MATERIALS.jpg

Not too many of our machines have a brick vaneer.  I would like to see more metal finished and other types of materials that pertain to the mechanical side of design.

This is another "would be nice" idea.

Regards,

Ivon

56 Kudos

It would be awesome if the centerlines were automatically breaked when they cross dimensions. that is possible to do on autocad.

original.jpg

4 Kudos

Force Effect App for Inventor idws/sketches

by *Expert Elite* on ‎04-11-2014 11:24 AM

I find myself creating idws of parts and assemblies to document Free Body Diagrams.  I use the sketch tool to draw forces, dimension locations, etc.  When I update the source iam/ipts, the diagrams update. 

Sometimes I print out the idw and take a picture of it with my iPad.  I use the picture as a background for the Force Effect app.  This works ok, but is cumbersome as the design changes.

I would like to see the Force Effect solver running in Inventor so I can create simple 2D Free Body Diagrams without having to go into the Dynamic Simulation environment. 

Ideally, the solver would understand geometry updates to the base components, position and view reps.  I see it running in a child sketch of a drawing view, that way I can project just the required geometry for the Free Body Diagram.

6 Kudos

Highlight Within Drawings

by kevinb on ‎04-08-2014 11:39 AM

Frequently when I'm working on a line intensive drawing (in this case, brick layouts), it's more space efficient to hatch or shade a specific object than to draw arrows around it because other objects make what I'm trying to highlight confusing.  Or, if I'm working with layers of components or different sizes of pipe, I'd like to be able to change the way the object is displayed without having to go and override each individual line that makes up the component.

I think two options should be added: "Shaded Hatching" which would act by drawing in hatch lines on the objects and then applying the shaded appearance for the hatch.  This would mostly just save on ink costs considering the size of flat sheets of a specific color.Hatch Shading Mod.png

In addition, I'll have an existing larger model and we'll have to add some smaller component, on top of the existing structure to act as a small guide, but I'll need to show a large area to get the reference dimensions (this will be mitigated somewhat in 2015 with the ability to just point off screen).  As a result, it's hard to point out small objects.

I think what would solve this is the ability to select a part/assembly from the browser and do a specific drawing override similar to the "hidden lines" capability, but with hatching or shading.

Hatch or Shade Highlight Selection.jpg

Hatch or Shade Highlight.PNG

I listed five sets of highlights you could use.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.
Labels

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube