4 Kudos

detail view : Full detail Boundary by defaut

by Active Contributor fsanchou on ‎01-18-2013 02:58 AM

Able to adjust Display Full Detail Boundary by defaut

2013-01-18_115419.png

Hello, Simply to confirm, what you are looking for is the ability to control the cutout shape and boundary type for all detail views within your View Style? Not to change the current default behavior to something different. Correct?
Comments
by Valued Contributor MattH_Work on ‎01-18-2013 04:09 AM

I think that the dialog should just remember the previous settings. I set it to suit me, you set it to suit you.

by Employee dan.szymanski on ‎03-25-2013 01:07 PM
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hello, Simply to confirm, what you are looking for is the ability to control the cutout shape and boundary type for all detail views within your View Style? Not to change the current default behavior to something different. Correct?
by Active Contributor fsanchou on ‎04-17-2013 11:09 AM

There are several things I would like to see improved:

1)       Able to set in the dwg template the option that I want in.
Each time I make a new detail view must select "Smooth" and "Display Full Detail Boundary."

Could you add an option to set this in document setting ? :

1.png

Or in View styles ?:

2.png

2)      Able to directely select connection line. Currently if it is not selected when creating the view you have to click 3 times on options to have the connection line.

3.png

Best regards,

by Mentor on ‎07-29-2013 01:04 PM

Furthering this...

The ability to create custom shapes like ovals, or general fenced areas would be huge.

The ability to take, for a example, a rectangular detail box and rotate it 35 degrees and adjust it's shape from there to cover the part being detailed without having to go over more of the drawing than necessary.

I know you're not Revit, but in Revit, you can create a detail simply by drawing the shape of the area you want to detail and as long as it's a closed shape - it will create the appropriate detail.

Perhaps the choices should be:

- Circle/Oval. By default it creates an oval, but if you hold CTRL or something it'll make a perfect circle

(Photoshop handles circles/ovals this way).

-Box, drag out a box. Have the ability to rotate the box to whatever angle you wish. This allows the box to be custom or a diamond or whatever.

-Custom. Allow the user to draw a closed shape for their detail fence shape. You can already do this (more or less) using crop. If you can use those tools on the detail after it's created, why not when creating the detail fence?

-Should also have a button to change detail for box to circle, etc, without having to delete the existing detail and starting over.

And, finally, as the OP states - the ability to make your choices defaults for future use.

by Active Contributor fsanchou on ‎02-20-2014 12:31 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to use a similar interface to AutoCAD.
When a detail view is select the ribbon displays useful function:

Vue de détail.png

Thanks,

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube