Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break center lines when crossing dimensions

break center lines when crossing dimensions

It would be awesome if the centerlines were automatically breaked when they cross dimensions. that is possible to do on autocad.

original.jpg

12 Comments
lesmfunk
Collaborator

Do dimensions need to be centered?

I see your point for other situations, but not the one in the graphic.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [430]. Thanks!

stuartmp
Advocate

Hi Dan,

Its great that this was accepted, is there a way to find out in what version it will be implimented?

azx842655
Explorer

I really hope inventor can do that, but now I just use sketch to cut center lines.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Idea added to backlog for future consideration [430]. Thanks!

AttilaFarkas
Advocate

Guys,

Inventor doesn't split the centerline at the dimension and this is a very frustrating behaviour for a long time.

I think it should be a basic function in the drawing.

Regards,

Attila

Centerline.jpg

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

A possible solution for a new feature? Color dimension background. Dimension to the forefront. Axes on background.

Using function?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/new-function-backround-fill-in-dimension/idi-p/8253232

grzegorz.podolewski
Contributor

Hi,

I agree with dusan, interesting color background as Autocad. Great Idea. When will the realization?

simonlubbers
Explorer

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2020 - line break for dimensions.png

Both Center- and Section lines don't break for Dimensions or Balloons while Dimension lines do break for Balloons. I hope this can be implemented in the future. I have issues with this almost on a daily base when working in drawing environment.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [430]. Thanks!

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2022. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

scott
Participant

How about making a tab in the tool bar when creating drawings to easily change dimension fonts and sizes.  The biggest complaint I have from suppliers is the font size is too small and changing it is not always successful and is much more complicated than it needs to be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report