Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle visibility on reference parts

Toggle visibility on reference parts

Hi,
I’m looking for a tool to toggle visibility on/off of every part in an assembly with BOM structure = Reference.

My idea for a solution would be a object visibility tool.
/Rolf Even

5 Comments
pcrawley
Advisor

Love the idea Rolf!  If you've ever seen the report tool in Vault where you can colour components based on some property like all "work in progress" parts go red, all released parts go green, then maybe your tool could do something similar like:  

Specify BOM structure (or other component property - maybe an iProp?) then do something like toggle visibility, or apply a colour override... or invert the selection and do the same...  That would be great tool for say highlighting all the components from a particular supplier (or the opposite), or hilighting all components made from "Default" material etc.

pcrawley
Advisor

Ah... Yes, the "Find" tool does exactly what I wanted.  And more.  (Including something called "File disposition"?  Does that mean it'll find all happy parts, or all sad parts?)

pierre.masson
Alumni

And the ability to identify the reference elements in browser

lesmfunk
Collaborator

Reference parts are great for designing parts within subassemblies, but now we have as many as 7 visible identical parts in the main assembly. Only 1 is the real one, and the rest are reference and occupying the exact same position in space. How do I know which one it is?

The option is available in the idw, but not the iam? If the industry is moving to model-based definition, we need this capability.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes.

We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know.

- Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report