Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set default Styles based upon chosen Template

Set default Styles based upon chosen Template

I think it would be really useful if you could simple create multiple styles (like dimesnion styles and such) and simply choose one of them as the default for a specific template.

Instead of having to create multiple standards for every template to get the combination you need (especially if working for multiple ompanies or customers who require different dimenion standards and such) you could simply grab the template you designed (for title block and such) and it would already have the desired styles for that job.

No need to worry about changing styles or standards for different jobs, just grab the template you need and you are good to go.

3 Comments
Curtis_Waguespack
Consultant

Here's one suggested way this could work:

Let's say I have three styles of drawings that I create for various tasks within the same company. All use different dimenson styles.

1. Drawings for a certain type of subcontract work are to use a decimal inch dimension style set to 2 places.
  2. Drawings for a second type of subcontract work are to use a decimal inch dimension style set to 3 places.
  3. Drawings used for marketing and presentation purposed are to use a dimension style with a partiuclar font.

I want the templates to default to the choosen style (or set of styles) so that users will automatically be using the correct style(s) for the correct drawing type.

Setting up the dimension styles in the company Standard is not an issue. But I would like to create 3 templates that each default to one of these dimension styles. Currently I would need to have 3 Standards to do this, and set the differnet Standards as the Active Standard in the templates, by going to the Tools tab > Document Settings > Standard tab.

Having copies of the same Standard for use with in the same company defeats the purpose of the the standards.

I would like to have the option to set the templates to use a different set of Object Defaults style, which detail the dimension style to be used for each template:

Autodesk Inventor Template Default Style.png

Cadmanto
Mentor
jletcher
Advisor

ilogic can do this in one template my code is out there for anyone to use...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report