Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rearange patterns in assemblies

Rearange patterns in assemblies

It would be really great if we could rearange patterns in an assembly. Patterns can not be dragged into a folder. I would really want this so I can easily suppress a folder with, for instance, all fastners.

8 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

YES!

BryanKelley
Alumni
Status changed to: Comments Requested
Hello, You should be able to drag a Pattern within an Assembly into a folder. Is this specific to a data set? I am able to do this on 2013 and a BETA of 2014. Bryan Kelley Sr. Software QA Engineer DLS – Mechanical Design
cadull_rb
Advocate

I think the issue is the limitied ability to reorder items in the tree, which can be required to reach the intended folder. For example:

1. Place a part in an assembly and create a pattern.

2. Place three more parts in the assembly and place the last two in a folder.

3. Now we have a pattern, a part and a folder containing two parts in the tree.

4. The pattern is not able to be relocated below any of the following parts and so cannot be included in the folder.

5. We can however, drag the folder next to the pattern and then include the pattern in the folder (at the start if the folder is below, or at the end if the folder is above the pattern).

Regards,

cadull

mrattray
Advisor

FYI, Cadull's suggestion only works if there isn't a pattern already in the folder. If the folder contains a pattern it cannot be reordered either. Hence, if you have a folder with a pattern in it, seperated by a part (or third pattern) from another pattern you cannot place that pattern into the folder.

mrattray
Advisor

Also tag into this idea fixing the component pattern browser icons. Currently a suppressed pattern icon is identical to a not visible pattern icon. They should match the part/sub assembly icon theme.

Example:

The patterns in the red box are not visible, the pattern in the blue box is suppressed. Note that these patterns would be grouped together if the main idea of this thread was implemented...

Capture.JPG

WHolzwarth
Mentor

Hmm. The only way I found for integrating a new pattern, was deleting the existing folder and creating a new one, containing now the old members and the additional pattern.

I think, with big folders it's hard to get all members back without forgetting some of them.

Walter

DRoam
Mentor

The status of this post desperately needs to be updated. The issue is clearly that patterns cannot be re-ordered in the browser tree. Yes, a pattern can be dragged into a folder that is directly above or below it, but that's virtually useless for any real organization.

Please fix the limitation that both patterns and planes cannot be re-ordered in the browser tree.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea