14 Kudos

Multiple constraints

by sparkin208 on ‎04-25-2013 02:52 PM

It would be nice to be able to select more than one feature at a time to constrain. For example when I have ten parts in my assembly that I want to constrain flush with each other I have to click face of A to face of B then face of B to face of C then face of C to face of D and so on. It would be much quicker to just select the face on each part and constrain all of them at once. Along with that if I end up having to delete one of those parts such as C I loose the constraints between B and D so I end up having to remember to connect them again. So it woud be nice if that flush constraint remained between the remaining parts after deleting the one part.

Comments
by Contributor MDS-MQ on ‎04-26-2013 09:12 AM

Or you could constrain one of them and use a pattern...

by sparkin208 on ‎04-26-2013 09:19 AM

That doesn't allow you to delete one in the middle and keep the constraints. Also sometimes you want to line up different parts. One of our main products uses up to 50 pins that are similar but have 15 different lengths and for custom orders sometimes they individual pins have to be removed.

by sparkin208 on ‎04-26-2013 09:21 AM

I understand that there are other ways to accomplish this like setting up a work plane and constraining all of them to the plane. But a simple multi-select would be alot quicker.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube