Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sheet View

Multiple Sheet View

Why, when creating a drawing in either IDW or DWG can't you view multiple sheets in one window ?

The designers/developers at Adesk seem to think we get evrything right first time and we like to beleive this as well.

This rarely happens.

We often have to go back any change or alter things.

Life would be a lot easier if we could view ALL sheets in one window in Inventor and then 'drag & drop' things from one sheet to another.

At present there are even silly little problems when trying to 'copy & paste', different types of items do not always go together 😞

I've currently got 4 x A4 sheets that I want to combine to 1 x A1 and I would be a lot easier to 'drag & drop' rather than "activating" each sheet.

9 Comments
jletcher
Advisor

Not following because you can drag and drop from sheet to sheet now..

Everything does go with it too..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ jletcher  you can 'drag & drop' from different drawings as you can open several drawings and have them tiled etc. This is not a problem.

As this is so easy between seperate drawings, why can't it be this easy with seperate sheets within a drawing.

At present you have to activate a Sheet, 'copy' the items/object, activate the next Sheet and 'paste'.

PITA

jletcher
Advisor

No in the same drawing it works you don't have to copy and paste.

Activate the sheet you have views you want to move to another sheet. click on the views you want holding Ctrl to select more then one view. In the browser you will see them highlight . Now in the browser click and hold on one of the views that highlighted then start draging it to the other sheet. You should see a black line when you get near the sheet name. When you see that black line release the mouse button and the views will move to other sheet.. Anything you have attached will also go with the view..

timdown73
Collaborator

Regardless, it would be nice to be able to see all sheets or at least multiple on one screen, if all isn't practical. Especially for reviewing.  My 2 cents.

jletcher
Advisor

@timdown73 

I would agree for review reasons but that is not what he wanted it for. Plus I rather print it out for review but a quick screen review would be nice..

Because of your reason I give kudos..

chrisw01a
Collaborator

Has there been any work done on this?  I have multi-sheet idw's that I would like to "tile" or view 2 sheets on the screen at the same time.  This would be very helpfull!

Chris

DRoam
Mentor

@Discussion_Admin, could this be merged into the master idea here? --> multiple sheet

drawings
Advocate

Using 2020.

It is possible to open an new instance of a drawing. View\New. They can be even put on another monitor.

But they are linked to the same sheet. If you activate a different sheet on one instance the other instances change too.

This works fine for zooming in on what area while another instance shows the whole view or a different section. This reduces zooming in and out.

It would be useful to have different sheets activated on different instances. Being able to see the main views or the BOM while detailing or checking a view on another instance would increase productivity and situational awareness.

With 4K screens I am able to view and check a whole sheet with out having to print out a large sheet. I have two 32" side by side and a 50" TV above, all at 4K. To put the main sheet view on the 50" TV while working on or checking other sheets would be awesome.

Being able to have multiple monitors, windows and instances open is a delightful improvement. Now to finish the development by being able to activate more than one sheet at time on all the above.

Thanks!

slawkidwa
Participant

2023 and nothing done. Autodesk is playing banana 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report