Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio - FBX Export / Import

Inventor Studio - FBX Export / Import

Would be nice to have ab FBX export option, so that animations that have been set up in Inventor (camera, constraints etc) could be rendered in Showcase or 3DS Max

6 Comments
billyb
Enthusiast

Showcase/3ds Max exchange via FBX. Why not make the use of Inventor models more compelling by add this feature? Having FBX would be great!

Eventually, the translator could observe constraints and translate into their equivalents so that animation could be transferred as well.

pcrawley
Advisor

This would solve one of the most frustrating dead-ends in the cross-product workflows.  You can create complex animations in Inventor using things like Dynamic Simulation, but you are then crippled in terms of rendering the results because of Inventor Studio.  

Anyone who's tried will know - Inventor Studio either needs a major overhaul (expensive and a bit pointless) - or give Inventor the ability to talk to any one of the other Suite products that is actually designed for rendering and animation.  3ds max, Navisworks, Showcase... or outside the Suite, Vred?

Wish I could give this more than 1 vote.

freesbee
Collaborator

totally agree: views and "animations" prepared in Inventor cannot get lost when going to ShowCase (as it happens for sections that get lost, and animated constrains that are NOT properly transformed in ShowCase behaviors).

I'm working on a product which is towed out to sea.  I need to show the products functional movements at various stages as it floats in the ocean water.  I have the entire equipment assembly in Inventor, but I can't use Inventor Studio to get the scene set up, etc.  It would be nice if I could Import my Inventor assembly into 3DS Max while retaining all of the joints and constraints...then drive everything from there within 3DS Max.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can base on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report