Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminate the need to Generate Files from the Factory

Eliminate the need to Generate Files from the Factory

I understand the need to generate files for the express purpose of these configurations communicating with the assemblies they are added to.  But what if by just creating these configurations within the factory they automatically communicated with the assemblies and the need to generate these files didn't exist.  Not only would the communication not fail to have to update in order to have drawings and BOM's and other said things be updated, but the amount of files would be drastically reduced.

4 Comments
andrew_buc
Contributor

In SolidWorks the equivalents of IV iPart factory members are incorporated into the SWx equivalent of the factory itself. Are you asking for something like that?

Cadmanto
Mentor

Having come from using SW that is exactly what I am proposing.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk

@Cadmanto, could you share more details about the workflow you proposed? It sounds that you would like to have something like iPart factory but no need to generate the member files when using it. 

Cadmanto
Mentor

Modeling software is supposed to be parametric by default.  Some are meaning when you update one model, every assembly or derived part it might be associated with, updates automatically.  This is what I am saying with this idea.  One should be able to update a model whether it is an iPart/iAssembly or conventional part/assembly and every it is connected with update automatically.  Not have to regen, or generate manually to get it update at the next level.  This is what I am saying with this idea.  Hope this makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report