2 Kudos
akosi

Dragging View cut plane

by Mentor on ‎03-22-2013 07:06 PM
I loveeeeed this feature in solidworks that ive been waiting for inventor to have also.

Assembly has the cut view plane to view sections. It would be aweeeeesommmmee if i can drag the plane and show the section smoothly. Someone also suggested here to have cut view plane in ipt and i agree 100% .
Comments
by *Pro on ‎03-28-2013 04:22 AM

You can do this in the assembly already I have not seen a need for it in a part yet but I do not object to it...

In the assembly when placing the section cut plane just drag it back and forth.

This has been there from day one of section cuts I used that in demos to make the viewers eww and awww

by Mentor on ‎03-28-2013 03:01 PM

Im using inventor 2011 and cant do it . you are talking about  the section view under the view tab? It only have a flip option. 

by *Pro on ‎03-29-2013 03:27 AM

Yes it will work in 2011 I was demoing this in Inventor 4. You had the flip option because you let go of the left click before you started to drag the mouse.

When you click on the face or plane the section view creates it's own plane if you start to drag before letting go of the left click when you pick the face to start the section on. A dialog box with Offset should pop up when you start the section.

So this is what you do start the section command pick a face with left click hold the left button down at all times and start to drag the mouse this will make a plane for the section view now as long as you do don't click the check mark you can release the left button and when you want to drag again just hold down the lift mouse button again and drag.

If you still can't get it to work I will make a short video for you..

by Mentor on ‎03-29-2013 01:19 PM
pls make a video , i tried it so many times , icant make it work! Sent from my iPhone
by rptandy on ‎04-19-2013 03:06 PM

What I'd like to see is the ability to drag the cutting plane AFTER you have created the section view. Now, if you create the section view, do a few other operations, and need to move the plane over a few inches, you have to go back to square one. It isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice. :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube