Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Colour Schemes - Inventor Application Options

Custom Colour Schemes - Inventor Application Options

There is an inherit issue with the design of Inventor colour schemes; in that what one user likes, another will find distracting or distasteful. But thankfully, such colour scheme issues can finally be laid to rest. Introduce the very much Doge Theme colour scheme for Inventor;

Or alternatively, rather than going with the latest in Autodesk Colour Scheme crazes; Inventor users could be given the freedom to finally decide on what colours their Inventor sessions consist of, using their own intuition to solve the age old problem of ugly colour schemes. Think about it, “custom colour schemes”… Doge Theme would be left in the dark!

Kthxbye.

28 Comments
mflayler2
Advisor

The ability to have a fully editible and supported Color Scheme editor for users with unique color handicaps like red/green color blindness or general user customizability.  Similar to the one in the SDK but one that actually works better and in the Applicaiton Options.  At the very least one for the red/green color blind issues.  9% (but not me) of the male population is color blind at least a little to these colors.

cgusi
Enthusiast

Add a button to configure all colors in color scheme.

tbennett
Advocate

No kidding!  The statistics state that between 1 in 9 and 1 in 12 men are color blind.  A while back we had four engineers, three were color blind.  We have many more engineers today; some are color blind.

Technically speaking, color blindness is more like color deficient.  Look it up if you don't understand.

jaoverby
Participant

please add workplane transparency option as well so i don't have to do them via regedit along with the colors on every new install or version upgrade.

LT.Rusty
Advisor

You, sir, win +1000 internets.

(... and yeah, it would be nice to have completely customizable color options.)

BryanKelley
Alumni

PURR-FEKT

gavbath
Collaborator

Well played sir.

dvsmiller9
Advocate

There is a tool in the SDK for this (User tools ColorSchemeEditor. Install from c:\users\public\public documents\autodesk\inventor 20xx\sdk\usertools.msi) but it would be nice if it was built into the interface.

aguitton116
Advocate

The last time I used this tool I broke the whole color schemes and Inventor was psychedelic then. I had to restore my windows registry to fix it... So a proper tool integrated in the user interface would be great (there's something like that in Solid Edge).

_DanSolo_
Advocate

Please provide the ability to adjust the intensity, color, etc...for this function.

Right now it creates a useless white washout that makes it only good to for locating a part, but makes if very difficult for the user to work on assemblies.

Tags (4)
iUser
Advocate

A problem which I have seen many times before. I can never distinguish between faces when constraining. The colours that are use are blue and light blue. I find that these colours are too close to each other and was wondering if you guys could change one of them to a different colour, or give the users an option of choosing their own colours. See attachment for a better explanation.

karthur1
Mentor

They are too close together.. to avoid this, I use the "Easystreet" color scheme.  You wont find it in the Color Scheme list straight from the box.  After the .reg file is ran, when you start Inventor, it will be in the list.  I cant take credit for this color scheme.  It has been around on the forum for years.  Here is a link to a forum thread where you can download it.

Kirk

2015-02-06_0952.png

iUser
Advocate

Could you please post a picture so that I can see what it looks like? The different constraint colour I mean.. I need to get adminstrative password before installing anything so need to see if its worth it or not?

karthur1
Mentor

selection 1 and 2 of the groove weld command.

2015-02-10_0710.png

iUser
Advocate

I see what you mean, but I still think that they should give you an option to change the colours. Your way is a workaround, but say I want to keep the colour scheme as Winter Night, now I can't see which constraint faces are used. I have spent a lot of time looking for which faces were used when constraining or adding welding. If I was able to change these colours I believe it would go a lot faster. See below as to what I had in mind.

5.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

iUser
Advocate

I found exactly what I was looking for on this website: 

http://opendesignproject.org/2010/09/02/creating-a-new-application-color-scheme-in-autodesk-inventor...

It does everything what I wanted to achieve :-)...

karthur1
Mentor

Glad you got it worked out. The orginal author of the "Easystreet" color scheme probably used this tool to create the scheme.

dusan.naus.trz
Advisor

thumbs up, good idea = Custom Colour Schemes - Inventor Application Options

I used ColorSchemeEditor but did not work.

iUser
Advocate

Hi Guys, so I see they changed the website so that you have to register first so I thought I would just post it here instead:

To change your constrain colours and all colours used you need to install User Tools which can be found in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\SDK\UserTools

After Installation you need to open ColorSchemeEditor found in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\SDK\UserTools\ColorSchemeEditor\Bin\InventorColorSchemeEditor

Now you can modify all Inventor colours.

Constraints.JPG

Vagulus
Collaborator

I can't understand why it wasn't implemented  at day one.

I have had a good experience with Color Scheme Editor but it could do with some documentation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report