Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center - Move components between catagories

Content Center - Move components between catagories

We can already move a CC item from one libray to another, it would be useful if we could also move items between categories within the current library (I have 10's of components published to the 'Other' category, I would like to move then to a new 'Company Name' category)

20 Comments
mohan.nakka
Participant

anyone have a solution for this?please share.thanks

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US21444]. Thanks!
bryan
Enthusiast

I don't see any solution to this problem. I am wondering the same thing.

Thanks,

Brandon Ryan

marco.centenari
Contributor

It would be nice to be able to move the content published standards between one category and the other.

Tags (1)
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

ascott_shipco
Enthusiast

Yes please! This would help move mountains of work. 

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

ThomasRambach
Advisor

Once you publish a part family to Content Center, there is no way to move the part family to a different category folder unless you delete it and republish. It would be very beneficial to be able to do this across multiple libraries.

MattH_Work
Collaborator
Andrew_Burnett
Enthusiast

I would like to see this incorporated so that it is easier to maintain.  We have had people who created parts in the past in wrong categories and now we are trying to sort through them and get them sorted.  If we have to republish all of them it will take us ton's of time to complete.  Please get this into an update for us.

cbenner
Mentor

@dan_szymanski

Yes, please!

From time to time it would be handy to be able to re-arrange the CC in general since things do change.  Being able to move things around rather than re-publishing them would be sweet.  Consider that in some companies, the original, unpublished part may have been archived or worse.

ascott_shipco
Enthusiast
There is a little work around for missing original files. You can open the CC Family Table in Excel and copy paste the whole thing into a new excel. Next, place one of the CC parts "as custom." Make it an iPart. Edit the iPart table in Excel and paste your table in. The variables are all the same so they match up pretty quickly with a little formatting.

But that is nowhere near as useful as a direct tool.

SharkDesign
Mentor

Don't understand why you can't do this. Content Center dumps all the resultant parts in the same folder so I don't see why allowing us to drag and drop would mess any of this up.

SharkDesign
Mentor

@dan_szymanski 

wrote:

Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US21444]. Thanks!

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Accepted in 2014 and then ditched on 2017??? What's going on????
Don't understand why you can't do this. Content Center dumps all the resultant parts in the same folder so I don't see why allowing us to drag and drop would mess any of this up.

This is a repost of an old Idea of @MattH_Work from 2013:

"We can already move a CC item from one libray to another, it would be useful if we could also move items between categories within the current library"

Link to 2013 -> Content Center - Move components between catagories 

I just had contact with Autodesk support and they told me it's still not possible. The only work-around is to republish the families, but that's a lot of work if you want to bring order into your CC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Das ist ein Repost einer alten Idee von @MattH_Work  aus dem Jahr 2013:

"Wir können ein Inhaltscenter-Element bereits von einem Libray in ein anderes verschieben. Es wäre nützlich, wenn wir auch Elemente zwischen Kategorien innerhalb der aktuellen Bibliothek verschieben könnten."

Link zu 2013 -> Content Center - Move components between catagories 

Ich hatte gerade Kontakt mit dem Autodesk-Support und sie sagten mir, dass dies immer noch nicht möglich ist. Die einzige Lösung besteht darin, die Familien erneut zu veröffentlichen. Dies ist jedoch eine Menge Arbeit, wenn man Ordnung in sein Inhaltcenter bringen möchte.

If you like the idea please vote for both ideas. This AND the old one. Thanks.

Wenn dir diese Verbesserung gefällt, stimme bitte für diesen UND den alten ab. Danke.

Vlk-VVUBrno
Explorer

Would it be possible, after 7 years, to finally realize this idea? I've been waiting for this function my whole design career since graduating from college...!

ThomasRambach
Advisor

@Vlk-VVUBrno There's always some areas of Inventor that are just repeatedly neglected every release. Content Center is one of them. It's so painful to build new libraries in. 

Colton_Roesel
Explorer

Would love for this to be implemented!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report