Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change error on dimensions and constraints from modal to non-modal

Change error on dimensions and constraints from modal to non-modal

Orphaned dimensions and broken constraints give you a dialog box that you have to accept or you can not do anything else (modal). It would be nice if the error box stayed open (or you could tell it not to prompt again this session) but allowed you to keep working and fix the problems (non-modal). The list of errors would update as you fixed them.

I know! Stop yelling at me!

8 Comments
LT.Rusty
Advisor

myonebutton.jpg

ceres12345
Contributor

I agree with j_denner.

When you accept dialog box with some 'errors' and then fix one of them, dialog box pops up again with the rest of them. So, even if i replaced model reference and need to arrange 15 dimensions, I have to accept it 15 times!!? This process should be a lot less annoying.

The idea with dialog box that stays open while I fix errors and they dissapear from the list is great.

Same goes for errors for other features (ie. constraints in assemblies)

cadman777
Advisor

I agree.

Even with the raido button checked in "Application Options" > "Prompts" > "Do not show messages for pre-existing problems", the stupid dialogue keeps popping up for a lot of stuff.

This problem causes RSI and wastes time.

Time to fix it!

smithar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

This project [US-55683] is under review by the development team.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Accepted idea [US-55683]. Thanks!

steinar.sorem
Advocate

Hi Autodesk, please add a "Recheck" button in this dialogbox. As there is in the Vault ADMS installer. Then we can work true the model until it is completly fixed.

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We are refining procedures around idea status.  Changing this to Future Consideration.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report