3 Kudos

BOM representing current LOD

by jsmith923 on ‎10-17-2013 09:56 AM

I would like the ability for the BOM's to only show what is currently shown in a Level of Detail.  I work on huge projects that get released in Phases (months apart) and want to keep all the parts in one BOM, but for each Phase, finished goods will be reused and I want to keep the item numbers the same, but I don't want a culmulative BOM, just one based on the current Level of Detail.  This will help with installation drawings (showing the parts that would be shipped with that particular Phase).

Comments
by *Pro on ‎10-17-2013 11:06 AM

UGH do a search before posting this has already been ask in idea..................

I will not post link tired of doing the searches for you people..

by *Expert Elite* on ‎10-17-2013 12:15 PM

If you do this using View Representations instead of LOD (or copy your LOD's to View Reps), you can filter your parts list by View Rep.

It's not exactly what you're asking for (works in the parts list instead of BOM, for one thing), but it might be an improvement over however you are handling this currently.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube