Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tube&pipe edit error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gerzson83
2323 Views, 10 Replies

tube&pipe edit error

Dear Helper !
First, I apologize for my English . Water machine techno I use Inventor . Problem is the following: the parts list a few rewrites item and ruined the tube & pipe assemblies.

For example: idw . drawing is opened :
" The View BOM used by this drawing is missing from the Following referenced assemblies . Balloons The Parts Lists and based on These assemblies reflect the last known values and will no longer update to changes in the referenced files.
Zagyvíz D90.iam "

I want to edit the main assembly of tube & pipe routes :
"The document is not to be activated adaptive in current context . T & P operations will be disabled . To edit it , please make it adaptive . "
When doing adaptive , then fall apart in the pathways , and I have to start over again the work. Where could be the error ?

Making a parts list that I use : " Structured BOM View ." What happens if I use " Structured ( legacy ) BOM View" ? Please help me , because a lot of extra work to do about that.

Please watch the attached pictures.

Thank you very much in advance:

Gergo Farkas

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: gerzson83

Hi and welcome to the forums.

It's difficult to see what happened to your assembly, but it looks like you made a Tube & Pipe assembly and then manually placed it into another assembly?  Is this a copy of an existing Tube & Pipe assembly which exists someplace else?  In order to use Tube & Pipe, the assembly will have to be made adaptive.  But without knowing how you put it together, I can't tell what effect that is going to have.  Can you describe your workflow a bit more?

As far as your parts lists go, it looks like you need to enable the BOM view in your drawing.  Right click on the Parts List and select Bill of Materials.  Then on the tab for Structured, right click to get the BOM view options.  Question:  Were the balloons on that sheet placed from an older BOM?  If so, you may need to remove them before placing the new Parts List in order to clear any legacy data.

bomview.JPG

Message 3 of 11
gerzson83
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for your response , Chris !

The work process in detail:

1 ) I create an assembly (standard mm iam) . This assembly contains the technological units are attached with tubes . Creates a pipe assemblies ( Tube & Pipe Runs )

2 ) A complete compilation I make a drawing ( .idw ) . In the drawing, I create a Part list , the views conferring with balloons . The Part list editor: identity of each element rewrites . Before saving the drawing indicates that you can not save some of the assemblys.

3 ) I open later edited into the main assembly. In this case, I can no longer edit the pipe assemblys. (Tube & Pipe application disabled). Recommends the program to me adaptive assemblies . If I do this , re- generate the routes but disintegrate in the geometric constraints . Can I do it all again ..

I'll send you some more pictures.

Thank you again !

Message 4 of 11
cbenner

I suspect there are several problems on top of one another that are causing your issues.

Would it be possible to pack n go your assembly and post it here?  I may need to look at the whole thing to see what is going on.

Message 5 of 11
blair

I would check your Projects File, possible some of the components may be outside of your existing Project path. This can happen if someone opens IAM files from within Window's Explorer rather than opening Inventor, then ensuring you are using the correct Project file (it needs to include all locations of files). Has anything changed with the directory structure of either your PC or where all the files are stored on the network?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11
blair
in reply to: blair

I also see that someone has changed the Tube & Pipe run to not Adaptive. RMB click on the "Tube & Pipe Runs" in the Browser window and select Adaptive.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 11
cbenner

Hi Blair,

The OP was saying (I think) that trying to make the main T&P assembly adaptive screwed everything up.  makes me think this was brought into the main assebly from outside as opposed to being creted in this session using T&P tools.

Hard to tell.

Message 8 of 11
blair

That would be the only other way I can think that it would not be Adaptive. Trying to switch it to Adaptive means it's trying to locate the reference points used for it's construction.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 11
gerzson83

OK, I share a project. The content center files are not included, they must be collected.

On the following link you can access the file (0003 - tosend.zip):

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/14394989/file.html

The following files need to watch:

Balástya_épület_gépészettel.iam

1349_KT_TEG_0_GP_25_R0-Kezelt és öblítő víz.idw

1349_KT_TEG_0_GP_26_R0-Zagyvíz.idw

Thank you for all your intent to help!

Message 10 of 11
gerzson83

Thank you for your post, Blair! You are right. Indeed it is the only way to restore the T&P assemblys. In such cases however, disintegrate routes, and to edit them again. We want realize that which job is causing this problem.

Message 11 of 11
blair

If someone used an existing T & P and copied it into a new IAM file, this could happen. It would copy in as not adaptive into the new assembly. As soon as you try and edit the T & P in an IAM that it wasn't created in this can happen. We have a number of products that the back half is the same for all versions. We will copy the T & P from the first assembly in just to save some time. We can't edit the T & P unless we go back to the Original IAM file that the T & P was created in. You might be able to get the properties and see what the Windows folder path is for the T & P. (Do a Windows search for the file name) this will tell you the Folder Name that it resides in in your Work folder. The Folder name will have the Parent assembly name which will help you find which Parent the T & P was created in.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report