Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new .idcl for mold

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
2grumpy
484 Views, 2 Replies

new .idcl for mold

how to create or edit existing .idcl mold catalogue for injection mold.

We are using 'Hales' type injection moulds and I would like to create .idcl for my library to use it with Inventor Tooling.

can somebody advise me how to do it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: 2grumpy

Hello,

The existing Mold libraries(.idcl) are read-only and you cannot edit them.

Because you used 'Hales' type injection moulds and they are not in the existing Mold libraries, so I think there are two methods for you:

-For the standard parts, you can create a library and publish them into your library(.idcl). And you need to use Place from Content Center command below Assembly tab to place them from your library into mold assembly. But you only can use normal assembly commands to handle them and Tooling commands cannot recognize them.

-For the Mold Base, you can use the Mold Base Author command to author them as mold base, and then you can use User Mold Base to place it into Mold environment. The details of Mold Base Authoring please refer to the following link:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/2263-Tooling2263/2264-Mold_Des...

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
2grumpy
in reply to: 2grumpy

Thanks for the advice. I am familiar with both methods for 'workaround' of the problem and using it, however it is not gratifying. It create a lot of more work.  luck one of the major tooling components manufacturer does not give good credential to the software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums