Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lineweight

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2150 Views, 8 Replies

lineweight

Having created a custom drawing border ,i find when printed that certain lines are printed to thick,what i need to do is

make these lines thinner for better defintion.

In Autocad this is simple but what is the process in inventor,do you change the colour or specify a user lineweight,where is this done?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BarryZA
in reply to: Anonymous

border.jpg

Manage-styles editor-layers.

As long as you have set up a template that is read/write you can make changes. Make sure when you save (just next to styles editor), you save your new setting in place of the default one.

I can't tell you the exact sequence of save/update because I usually get it wrong a couple of times.

Then I usually save the updated blank drawing as a template.

Message 3 of 9
JDMather

The Styles and Standards Editor is for you overall drawing views (2D from 3D).

For editing your border/titleblock go into the Drawing Resources, edit and right click on anything you want to change the Properties of.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: JDMather

There are layer options that control your title block and border line weights in the styles manager. Editing the line weights through the line's property menu is actually setting an override.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: mrattray

Let's say you are creating your own custom border/titleblocks (not using the built it) - when you are in the sketch how do you assign layer?  (I have always done borders/titleblocks by overriding the Properties.) Your post just prompted me to take a closer look, but somehow I am missing this step.

More:

I just edited one of the built-in titleblocks and found that the thin lines have a Line Weight override.

And More:

OK, I do see how to assign one layer By Standard (Border) to new border, but still looking for TitleBlock and what if I wanted Zone Border to have thin ticks?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: JDMather

You can create new layers in the styles manager:

Capture.JPG

And assign different layers to different gometery:

Capture2.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: mrattray

mrattray wrote:

You can create new layers in the styles manager:

Ah, yes.  I always did it manually and was curious how the built in titleblocks were created.  They did the same thing I did - overrode the lineweight Properties of individual lines.

Message 8 of 9
Paragon_Storefixtures

Did you ever receive an answer on this? I am having the same issue.

Message 9 of 9

Hi! This is a very old posting. I thought the prior replies already addressed the question. Do you mind sharing an example showing the issue or start a new thread? Your issue may not be exactly the same as OP's, although you may think it is.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report