Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic form format

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
AbellS
2084 Views, 8 Replies

iLogic form format

I would like to split my form vertically. I have a number fo fields that are used to select options in my system. The fields span the width of the form which due to graphics used  is fairly wide. I would like to add a discription field in line with and next to my selections.

I know I can add such a field above or below but I was wondering if it is possible to format the form to allow something like this.

From everything I have reviewed this is not possible... but I thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jtylerbc
in reply to: AbellS

I don't think you would have enough control over the form layout to do something like that in iLogic.

You could also make a Tooltip for your fields, so a little description bubble would pop up when the user mouses over the field. 

Message 3 of 9
mrattray

Use the "row" group.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 9
AbellS
in reply to: jtylerbc

That's what I thought.

A tool tip is ok but I wanted it to be dynamic so that the description would change as you selected the different parts, however, upon further examination of the tools available it does not look like I can obtain data from parts outside that of which the form is associated with unless that part is linked to the part the form is in and given that the form is in my skeleton sketch which is linked to everything  I am afeard of creating a loop if I link to a part that is linked to the skeleton. Smiley Happy

Thanks again

Message 5 of 9
AbellS
in reply to: mrattray

Ok... I'll look at it but I'm still not sure that will do it.

Message 6 of 9
mrattray

Why not create a custom property in your skeleton, place that next to your parameter and use a rule in your skeleton to set the value of that parameter?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 9
mrattray

I'm starting to get confused about what you're trying to achieve. The row suggestion was to align some dumb text next to a parameter.
Can you elaborate more on exactly what you're looking for?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 9
jtylerbc

@mrattray wrote:

Use the "row" group.

Sheesh - how in the world did I miss that?

I have tried to put things side-by-side in a form like that before and couldn't figure out how to do it.  I've used some of the other items in the Toolbox area, don't know how I overlooked that Row group in the list.  I got started in iLogic later than most because my company was behind on upgrades - I wonder what other little gems I've overlooked?

Message 9 of 9
AbellS

Ahh... Ok.. I'll look at that. Where I get my data from is a seprete issue.

And I will get back to that when and if I need too.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report