Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate new part - negative form

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Annka_f
1703 Views, 5 Replies

generate new part - negative form

Hello,

I use Inventor 2011.

My question is:

is it possible to generate a new part out of an assembly by using the faces and edges of the assembly? The new part shall have the negative geometry of the assembly.

For example:

I have a tube with a fluid. Now i modelled a part using the geometry of the tube and would like to receive a part of the space the fluid fills. I know this is a pretty easy topic and in this example it is possible to generate the part by substrate two parts. But if you now try to receive the fluid-geometry of e.g. a pump or something else with a geometry more complexly, I have no idea how to generate this part.

I know in Inventor 12 it's possible like you can see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_DOxFagvI

Anyone who has an idea?

Thank you 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Annka_f

Derived Component as surface body.
Sculpt.

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 4 of 6
Annka_f

Hello,

I like the second link of Curtis, this is a quite appropriate solution. It is some kind of elaborate for complex part geometry, but it works most the time.

Curtis (or anyone else) do you have experience with this solution? I don't know why, but all the time when I try it with my part it doesn't work. The error is "no useful result". I thought maybe there is a connection between the inside of my part and the outside so all the time I try to delete the outside I delete the inside as well. You know if this is possible?

Otherwise I thought I welded all spaces...

Thanks for your help 🙂

Greetings

Annka

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@Annka_f wrote:

... when I try it with my part it doesn't work.

Attach your part here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Annka_f

I guess I can't attach it, because of formation of a company or something like that.

I tried to rebuild it with some changes, but then it worked. I don't know the "error" they generated by building this part so I can't rebuild it...

I know kinda annoying...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report